Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar

BIZHUB C451 Consuming Developer in Cyan IU

Good day to everyone

We have a client with a Biz Hub C451 that is having problems with the cyan IU. Before they called on us to attend to their machine they had light prints from the cyan IU and replaced it on there own and that solved the issue for a few months so they called on us to look at the machine. I ran single color prints for each of the IU's and noted that the Cyan IU was printing very faded so I took apart the IU and found that the DV material was not fully covering the Magnetic Roller causing light prints. I replaced the Cyan IU and the prints were now good.

That was 3 months ago and once again the DV material in the Cyan IU is consumed causing light prints. We would be very grateful for any help on this issue.

I posting scans of single color prints from each of the cyan, magenta, and yellow IU's.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: BIZHUB C451 Consuming Developer in Cyan IU

look in at the charge unit of the failed iu, if its contaminated the machine itself will destroy the said imaging unit.

cyan can be destroyed by black toner leaking ontop of it from a failed shutter seal.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    look in at the charge unit of the failed iu, if its contaminated the machine itself will destroy the said imaging unit.

cyan can be destroyed by black toner leaking ontop of it from a failed shutter seal.

Is that shutter seal available to order as a spare part or am I correct in thinking the black IU will have to be replaced?

One more question, if I confirm that the Charge unit for the Cyan IU is not contaminated with black toner what would be the cause of the DV material being drawn out?

Thank you very much for your help

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Not to scare you, but our eggheads recommend that when you start replacing IUs like this the only fix is to replace both HVTs, all 4 IU and the x-fer belt...Something about a bad HVT inducing a problem into the IUs that can only be resolved by starting from scratch..we've done it twice for Yellow IU problems and it has fixed them both, but what an expense...Emujo

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Not to scare you, but our eggheads recommend that when you start replacing IUs like this the only fix is to replace both HVTs, all 4 IU and the x-fer belt...Something about a bad HVT inducing a problem into the IUs that can only be resolved by starting from scratch..we've done it twice for Yellow IU problems and it has fixed them both, but what an expense...Emujo
    That does sound very discouraging we will have to carefully explain the issue involved to our client and let them decide if replacing just the Black & Cyan IU's in the hopes it will correct the problem or doing all IU's, xfer belt and HVT's is the only solution.

Thank you for the info. Have a great day.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

if you have access to the Km infohub....there's a bulletin about it....TAGB1100114EN01
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    if you have access to the Km infohub....there's a bulletin about it....TAGB1100114EN01
    Unfortunatly we do not have access to the KM infohub. Would it be possible to have you post the bulletin or if you prefer send it to us throught a method you elect?

Thank you kindly for your help have a great week
    Last edited by delosangeles; 11-30-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    BIZHUB C451 Consuming Developer in Cyan IU

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Having a similar issue...
    I have a c650 that has eaten 3 black IUs in 1 1/2 weeks.

Am I correct in assuming this "HVT" is really the HV/1 & HV/2 units...apologies in advance if this is a banal question.

TAGB1100114EN01 does not yield any results in SSD search...

Thanks!

Just to follow up, replacing the Black IU solved the Problem.

Have a great week & God bless.

shixman

Good day to everyone
    Thank you very much for this Great Forum.
    My Name is Shady from Germany. Iknow it is a old Thread but i have the same Problem with my Bizhub C451.
    If i replace the IU it would work for 2 or 3 Months then it will make as the Dokument that i scaned in attachments.
    I took apart the IU and found that the DV material was not fully covering the Magnetic Roller causing light prints such as you delosangeles .

@delosangeles
    you wrote that the problem was solved as you changed the Black IU. have you change the Cyan IU after that or you just tok the old one??

Can someone tell me what "HVTs" is?

Thank alot SKMBT_C45114121117320.pdf