Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

Re: Remote panel Tool KM

Quote Originally Posted by scanzmgs View Post
    hope this helps
    WOW! Thanks for that information. I've been trying for hours now ... but absolutely nowhere in any of the manuals was the information about the correct URL (.../panel/top.html).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

If you're remoting on the client's PC through TeamViewer, why don't you just open their browser and pull up the machine's web interface.

I'm confused.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

Does anyone know the name of the corresponding -Server- application (in order to use the client setting on those machines)?

@JR2ALTA, i dont want to work via someone elses computer. Not every customer wants that.

Its called to Konica Minolta remote Panel tool. You can get it when you are an ASP.

Every manual is referring to the manual of the corresponding MFP, but the manuals on the CD (deliverd with the MFP) show nothing about the remote panel config.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!

Ok, here are the settings that you need to use for both the software and the machines:

Server - Install using all defaults as per the standard installation. Once installed, ensure that you start the "Remote Panel Server" and also click on "Open Port" to punch a hole through the firewall. This hole should only be opened for the client software to communicate with, so there is no need for this port to be opened up and internet facing.

While on the server, ensure that the firewall also allows the following Inbound rule "World Wide Web Services (HTTPS Traffic-In). This should be running on port 443 and this is what is used for machines to connect from the outside world. You will also need to forward port 443 from your router to the IP address of the server.

Client Software - Install as per standard installation. Once the software is run for the first time, you will be presented with the configuration which basically means you just need to type in the address (DNS or IP address if your connection is assigned a static IP). Allow this to run on the default port which is 61239 and should match the port on the server.

Copier Settings - Ensure that you have an SSL Certificate setup on the machine and then configure the following settings on the copier:

Admin Settings > Network Settings > Remote Panel Settings > Client Settings

Port Number - 443 (This is a common port for routers to have open, other wise you would be able to view HTTPS web sites)
    Connection Time Out - 60 Sec
    Host Address - IP or DNS name of your internet connection such as mail.youcompany.com
    Certificate Verification - This will need to be adjusted to the certificate settings on your server installation.
    Synchronize WebDav Settings - I haven't entered anything in here.

Once all this has been setup, you can then test the connection.

On the machine go to Utility > Remote Panel Operation > Start

A randomly generated PIN will be displayed on the display of the machine and is required for the connection to be successful. You can now go to the client software and you should see a machine in the list. Once you attempt to start a connection with the machine, you will be requested to enter in the PIN number. If you have entered in the PIN correctly, you should now see the machine's panel.

This setup is done so that machines can be remote controlled on a customers network without any setup requirements on the customers network other than having port 443 allowed for outbound traffic on their router. As I previously stated, if 443 isn't opened on the customers router, then they won't be able to view HTTPS web pages.

The way I described this software to our sales guys is "Think of it as TeamViewer for the 4 Series Konica Minolta devices. You have a user initiated remote session which you are then able to connect to as long as the customer give you the correct PIN". This makes the customers feel more secure as well as they will know that we can't access the devices remotely without them knowing or giving us the PIN.

Play around with this stuff guys as it IS a powerful sales and technical tool which be utilised to decrease you response times and help users in remote areas without having to leave you desk.

I will also be allowing our helpdesk girls to access this as they will also be able to better inform techs of error codes and jams statuses in the event of getting that typical user on the phone requesting for help.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

hello!

Thats fast! Good to hear you got it all working. I think i've found whats going wrong on my end. Port 443 is directed to an other server than the server Remote panels software works on, what i didnt know. I got everything set-up the same as you did but now I might know whats wrong.

I'll have to talk with my coworker on how to fix this. Thanks for looking in to it and letting me know the results!! You helped me out a lot by doing this!

Michel
    Last edited by miesjel; 02-04-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

Wiht out 443 forwarded to the correct server, you are dead in the water so to speak.

The only issue that I have with forwarding this port is that I lost my webmail server, but I can access that in many different ways. What I might end up doing is getting another static IP address assigned to the network so that I can segregate 443 by different IP addresses.

Either that or do the unthinkable and use a different port number other than 443... lol
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Ill let you know how we fixed it to get it working. We will lose our mail server as well when i forward 443 to the other server. Ill get back to you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

Wink Re: Remote panel Tool KM

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!

Ok, here are the settings that you need to use for both the software and the machines:

Server - Install using all defaults as per the standard installation. Once installed, ensure that you start the "Remote Panel Server" and also click on "Open Port" to punch a hole through the firewall. This hole should only be opened for the client software to communicate with, so there is no need for this port to be opened up and internet facing.

While on the server, ensure that the firewall also allows the following Inbound rule "World Wide Web Services (HTTPS Traffic-In). This should be running on port 443 and this is what is used for machines to connect from the outside world. You will also need to forward port 443 from your router to the IP address of the server.

Client Software - Install as per standard installation. Once the software is run for the first time, you will be presented with the configuration which basically means you just need to type in the address (DNS or IP address if your connection is assigned a static IP). Allow this to run on the default port which is 61239 and should match the port on the server.

Copier Settings - Ensure that you have an SSL Certificate setup on the machine and then configure the following settings on the copier:

Admin Settings > Network Settings > Remote Panel Settings > Client Settings

Port Number - 443 (This is a common port for routers to have open, other wise you would be able to view HTTPS web sites)
    Connection Time Out - 60 Sec
    Host Address - IP or DNS name of your internet connection such as mail.youcompany.com
    Certificate Verification - This will need to be adjusted to the certificate settings on your server installation.
    Synchronize WebDav Settings - I haven't entered anything in here.

Once all this has been setup, you can then test the connection.

On the machine go to Utility > Remote Panel Operation > Start

A randomly generated PIN will be displayed on the display of the machine and is required for the connection to be successful. You can now go to the client software and you should see a machine in the list. Once you attempt to start a connection with the machine, you will be requested to enter in the PIN number. If you have entered in the PIN correctly, you should now see the machine's panel.

This setup is done so that machines can be remote controlled on a customers network without any setup requirements on the customers network other than having port 443 allowed for outbound traffic on their router. As I previously stated, if 443 isn't opened on the customers router, then they won't be able to view HTTPS web pages.

The way I described this software to our sales guys is "Think of it as TeamViewer for the 4 Series Konica Minolta devices. You have a user initiated remote session which you are then able to connect to as long as the customer give you the correct PIN". This makes the customers feel more secure as well as they will know that we can't access the devices remotely without them knowing or giving us the PIN.

Play around with this stuff guys as it IS a powerful sales and technical tool which be utilised to decrease you response times and help users in remote areas without having to leave you desk.

I will also be allowing our helpdesk girls to access this as they will also be able to better inform techs of error codes and jams statuses in the event of getting that typical user on the phone requesting for help.

Dude! You are brilliant! Thanks a lot. Have not used it..yet, but surely it is one of the set-ups I will keep on file as a reference! Can't give you rep as the last one went to you so .. Here it is " You have been awarded a Administrators IT Xross for best IT services on Copytechnet" Howl :P
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE