Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Kronic Copier Ninja 100+ Posts kronical's Avatar

Re: Remote panel Tool KM

Quote Originally Posted by miesjel View Post
    Hello

Thank you for the reply!

Thats not exactly what i was looking for. Its okay for our network. But we use this for remote support, like teamviewer. In order to get it working we had to set up a server, so we did. I tested it here and it works. Instead of server in the MFP you use client. Now for security reasons we placed inside DMZ and made it accesible from the internet. The only ting we have to do now is connecting the printers to that server. On the network side everything is double checked and checked again, thats working. The client software can access the server from everywhere outside the network so thats working.

I've added the manual i used to install all this.
    If you are trying to access this outside of the network the machine you are connecting to is on, you need to set up a static route, or port forwarding, on the main router or firewall to direct the traffic coming in on that port to the address of the machine. Without this, the entire network will receive the request and not know where to direct it.

Good example is an FTP server. If you have an FTP server on your network, anyone on that network can access it, as you are directly accessing it via the IP or hostname of the server on that network. Now if you want to access this FTP server outside of the network, there is no direct route to the server itself, as you are actually connecting to the entire network using it's external IP. When the network receives the communication on port 23 (default ftp port) the routing system has no idea where to send the information on the internal network, as such, the routing system needs to have port 23 forwarded to a specific internal IP, that of the server.

Now, I know you aren't dealing with FTP, however you are dealing with a type of server. All servers of any type need to have outside traffic routed/forwarded to it's appropriate destination.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

Couple of quick corrections (please take with a grain of salt).

FTP default port number is 21.

When trying to push traffic into a router / modem from the outside world, if there is no port forward for that port and an internal client didn't initiate the traffic to the outside world on that port to start with, then the router / modem will block that traffic and not broadcast through out the internet.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Hi Kronical, Thanks for your reply. I know about port forwarding on router/firewall but the problem we are facing is that remote panel used HTTPS protocol, and we have an exhange server on the same network. So if i let remote panel us HTTPS our mail doesnt work. My question was about finding another way to use remote panel and exchange next to each other. (i Hope i made myself clear now, im dutch and my englisch is not as good as yours )

Remote panel Tool KM

Just thought of a way that you make everything work with out changing port numbers.

Have port 443 forwarded to the Remote Panel Server, but for emails, you could setup a VPN so that when you VPN into the network, you would then have access to email either via Outlook directly, or you would just go http://servername/owa to get to the webmail.

Another way around this would be to rent a cloud server and have the client software installed on all computers which are to access the Remote Ranel Server and point them to the cloud server for the connection. You would also then point all your devices to the cloud server and just register a DNS Name for your cloud server like kmrp.company.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Another way around this would be to rent a cloud server and have the client software installed on all computers which are to access the Remote Ranel Server and point them to the cloud server for the connection. You would also then point all your devices to the cloud server and just register a DNS Name for your cloud server like kmrp.company.com.
    Thats a pretty good idea, thanks! Never tought of that but it is actually pretty good!

It finally works! Bizhubs outside our office can connect to our remote panel server . I took a little longer but its holiday time now so i've lots of time to work this out.

Just another anoying thing has come up. When I start remote panel on the MFP, the screen with pin code appears for a few seconds and then closes. I can connect to the mfp with remote panel but I cant see the display (it stays black). For now it only occurs with the newest bizhub C224e (with newest firmware)
    Current settings:
    MFP is at a customer site
    Server is in our datacenter
    Correct port is forwarded to the KM server

There is a connection, because i can see the printer in the remote panel client tool.

any idea?
    Last edited by miesjel; 07-19-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Technician

I can't find anything in the manuals about adding user(s) for logging into server web interface. I am assuming I am missing something simple. If someone could let me know were to add a user it would be super appreciated.

Thanks

Remote panel Tool KM

You need to be looged into the KMRP as an administrator (either the admin or a user set to be an admin). Normal users aren't permitted to add / edit users.