Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remote panel Tool KM

Hello!

Im trying to setup remote panel tool for our support. I've configured the server as told in the manual, placed the server in DMZ (seperate from our corporate network). We can acces the server perfectly with the client software on the desktops. those are configured with the external IP address for the DMZ. (thats a separete internet connection).

Now when i try to connect an MFP with it, it just wont connect. It gives an error when pressing start (could connect). I saw some settings for Certificate Verification level settings, i believe thats the part where it goes wrong. I've setup the external serveraddress (under client), turned it on offcourse, portnumber is correct, no proxy.

It worked when the server was in the same netwerk but now im getting trouble. What are the correct settings for the MFP? We use a Self-Signed certificate with IIS7.

thanks in advance!

Michel

Service supervisor
    Remote panel Tool KM

Re: Remote panel Tool KM

hope this helps

Hello

Thank you for the reply!

Thats not exactly what i was looking for. Its okay for our network. But we use this for remote support, like teamviewer. In order to get it working we had to set up a server, so we did. I tested it here and it works. Instead of server in the MFP you use client. Now for security reasons we placed inside DMZ and made it accesible from the internet. The only ting we have to do now is connecting the printers to that server. On the network side everything is double checked and checked again, thats working. The client software can access the server from everywhere outside the network so thats working.

I've added the manual i used to install all this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

I think the setting that you are looking for is as follows:

1. Web interface of copier
    2. Login as Administrator
    3. Security
    4. Certificate Verification Setting
    5. Turn off the Certificate Verification

I have had to do this before with these machines when getting them to embed with PaperCut. Because the server had a self signed certificate installed, the machine didn't automatically trust the certificate and therefore wouldn't connect.

Try turning this setting off and see if it helps. If it does, then you might just want to spend the $60 odd bucks and get a CA certificate (signed via a trusted Certificate Authority) which would save having to change every machine.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

were can i download this?, i just check the CSES site and can't find it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morpk View Post
    were can i download this?, i just check the CSES site and can't find it.
    Right on the copier.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Okay, i will try that thank you!

We do want to buy a certificate but I want to test everything first

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    I think the setting that you are looking for is as follows:

1. Web interface of copier
    2. Login as Administrator
    3. Security
    4. Certificate Verification Setting
    5. Turn off the Certificate Verification

I have had to do this before with these machines when getting them to embed with PaperCut. Because the server had a self signed certificate installed, the machine didn't automatically trust the certificate and therefore wouldn't connect.

Try turning this setting off and see if it helps. If it does, then you might just want to spend the $60 odd bucks and get a CA certificate (signed via a trusted Certificate Authority) which would save having to change every machine.

It doesnt work yet, my settings:

What are the settings when using a CA certificate?

Michel

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Remote panel Tool KM

If you are already using teamviewer to access local work stations externally, why not just access the terminal that does connect to Remote Panel locally through Teamviewer from your help desk and connect that way? Once the copier is set up and actually working it wouldn't be very often you would have to be remoting into it anyway. Just a thought.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

We recieve a lot of questions regarding settings en how to setup stuff. Also is it possible to access the Service Mode via this screen, wich can be usefull. I dont want to drive 100 km to change one setting en drive back.