Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: C554 J2002

Konica Minolta Technician 50+ Posts Spidula's Avatar

C554 J2002

Evening all,

Need a little help.

C554 jamming tray 2 A3 booklets J2002 codes. A3 runs fine from tray 1. Very low vol machine. Flashed V68 FW. Took out the feed assembly and stripped the clutch as they are the same as C220 series and they had probs on installs. No joy though. Everything physically looks fine. Was scratching my head after 2hrs so going back with a colleague on Tues next week.

Any of you guys with any info or if had same problem please reply

Thanks

Spid

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C554 J2002

I have a c554 doing this too, fortunately my customer was happy to leave the a3 in tray 1 and I've not heard back from them since.

It seems to do it on first attempt to feed - subsequent feeds after this error are ok until another tray is used and then its attempted again. Nfi wtf is going on, i have a feeling its because this customer is using exceptionally poor quality paper and the paper from the lct is covering the vertical transport rollers with paper dust. As it jams mainly after paper is fed from the LCT.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    I have a c554 doing this too, fortunately my customer was happy to leave the a3 in tray 1 and I've not heard back from them since.

It seems to do it on first attempt to feed - subsequent feeds after this error are ok until another tray is used and then its attempted again. Nfi wtf is going on, i have a feeling its because this customer is using exceptionally poor quality paper and the paper from the lct is covering the vertical transport rollers with paper dust. As it jams mainly after paper is fed from the LCT.
    Yeh, there was a Sh*tload of paper dust on the take up sensor, but give it a good clean.

The customer is actually saying they preferred their C451. I nearly spat my coffee on her!! Ha ha...

Will let you know if we get something sorted on Tues

Thanks for your input!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have a few C284 /C364 machines with frequently J-2002 /J-9901 happening. after cleaning the vertical transport stays away for a while...
    Not the best paper is being used with all machines, but it looks like these machines have very tight timings while feeding from tray 2...
    For the J-9901 there's a fix in the latest Firmware (Ver. 68) Still hope there's a firmware fix coming for the J-2002...

also be aware that the one way spring clutch on the lct vertical transport shaft is an *absolute piece of shit*

if you turn it backwards you will break it and you will get 9901's from tray 3.

you can pack out the vertical transport roller bushings and the clutch with the shim washers from 2 of the roller "support kits".

the clutch is also not orderable as once piece and comes as 3 parts, this is one part among many, that should NOT of been made even more cheaply.

Oh well, keeps us employed.

Thanks for the info folks

A colleague of mine went to have a look and stuck a whole new feed assy in. Still doing its J2002.

Customer is fairly happy feeding A3 from tray 1 so leaving it at that.

Next time I'm back I will have a look at the clutches you mentioned.

I seem to recall on the training course someone sarcastically saying about the 454/554, Awesome, another km7145, a machine that's too fast for its own paper path and has regular mysterious jams.

Sounds about right to me now

Update for any of you guys interested on this one.

There is now a tech bulletin out for KONICA MINOLTA AUTHORISED TECHNICAL PERSONNEL. Regarding this problem. You should be able to get it on Infohub.

There is a spare spring mounted on the full feed assy to swap over with the problem tray. Did this today and ran 500+ through tray two with not one jam!

Happy Days

Good Night!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidula View Post
    Update for any of you guys interested on this one.

There is now a tech bulletin out for KONICA MINOLTA AUTHORISED TECHNICAL PERSONNEL. Regarding this problem. You should be able to get it on Infohub.

There is a spare spring mounted on the full feed assy to swap over with the problem tray. Did this today and ran 500+ through tray two with not one jam!

Happy Days

Good Night!

Good to hear, can't find it on infohub(EU), we don't get full access here, any chance you would like to share?

the separation spring ?

I was told in training that was to be used with thin paper.

Interesting.

We have just made a habit of setting up all new machines with a3 in tray 1 anyway