Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question C6500 Bypass Tray

Thank you in advance. I'm looking for the insight or experience of someone who has been there.

I'm trying to print from the Bypass Tray by using Command WorkStation for Mac Version 1.6.0f10.

I have the C6500 Paper Settings correct and those settings match the CWS document properties paper settings. The machine still asks me to load the correct paper even when the tray is loaded with the correct paper.

I can copy to the Bypass Tray from the machines ADF or Glass so the Bypass Tray does fully function.

How do I correct this so I can control and print via CWS using the Bypass Tray?

-Chris

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    C6500 Bypass Tray

Re: C6500 Bypass Tray

Quote Originally Posted by chriseckeard View Post
    Thank you in advance. I'm looking for the insight or experience of someone who has been there.

I'm trying to print from the Bypass Tray by using Command WorkStation for Mac Version 1.6.0f10.

I have the C6500 Paper Settings correct and those settings match the CWS document properties paper settings. The machine still asks me to load the correct paper even when the tray is loaded with the correct paper.

I can copy to the Bypass Tray from the machines ADF or Glass so the Bypass Tray does fully function.

How do I correct this so I can control and print via CWS using the Bypass Tray?

-Chris
    Are you sure everything matches - paper weight, paper type, paper size (beware of custom sizes, just 0,1mm difference could be enough to trigger that situation), everything?

If so, maybe it's a Mac thing - all of my customers use PCs, but the ones I had using Mac never said anything about that.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Thumbs up Re: C6500 Bypass Tray

Mr. Who,

Thanks for your help. Though all my settings are correct, the paper size was slightly off with the width.

I needed that different perspective, thank you Mr. Who. You should be upgraded to the Doctor.

-Chris
    Last edited by chriseckeard; 01-16-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    C6500 Bypass Tray

Mr. Who,

Thanks for your help. Though all my settings are correct, the paper size was slightly off with the width.

I needed that different perspective, thank you Mr. Who. You should be upgraded to the Doctor.

-Chris
    We tried promoting him to "General PITA", but he insists on being a "Major Asshole".
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    C6500 Bypass Tray

Mr. Who,

-Chris
    You're welcome.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!