Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

BizHub C364 Single Sign on Auth

Hi all,

has anyone had any luck setting Single Sign on Authentication on the new series

i have setup user auth on external relay and this is working user can sign on to machine
    under the web access sign in as admin -network -single sign on i have entered the domain the administrator user and password the driver has picked up single sign on and it shared to the client

now it works weekend go's by get a call from the client on monday saying nothing working when you look at the client side settings under preferences -basic -user auth the single sign on button is tick but also greyed out and when you print it gives you a message that single sign on has failed would you like to authenticate.

things i have checked

1. client side setting (greyed out single sign on)
    2. server side settings (single sign on is in device settings but also greyed out when you try and select it under pref -basic- user auth)
    3. the administrator password has not changed
    4. if i enter the users name and password under basic -user auth it works but still no single sign on

i have contacted PTSC (or what erver they call them selfs these days) and they want me to add the copier as a PC in AD and create DNS entries for it, i'm going to do this today

so anyone else had this working before ?

Re: BizHub C364 Single Sign on Auth

Update in network setting- single sign on i changed from the hostname to the IP address and it worked (Note DNS settings on machine are correct the machine can ping server and server can ping machine) after that in the driver i could select single sign on but after an hour it started failing again message from the driver "Single sign on failed"

then found that the customer has a second DC and we connected the second machine to that and it is yet to fail but when we try and connect the first machine to the second DC keep getting "an error occurred at the server" it's almost like you can't connect to machines to 1 server ( and yes i know that sounds odd)

have re escalated with sydney and told them that their DNS setting and AD computer didn't work

YbiT

Quote Originally Posted by morpk View Post
    Update in network setting- single sign on i changed from the hostname to the IP address and it worked (Note DNS settings on machine are correct the machine can ping server and server can ping machine) after that in the driver i could select single sign on but after an hour it started failing again message from the driver "Single sign on failed"

then found that the customer has a second DC and we connected the second machine to that and it is yet to fail but when we try and connect the first machine to the second DC keep getting "an error occurred at the server" it's almost like you can't connect to machines to 1 server ( and yes i know that sounds odd)

have re escalated with sydney and told them that their DNS setting and AD computer didn't work

HI

A have the same problem.

I've configured 226.E to using Single Sign-On. Everything works great when user's host is authorized by DC01, but when users is authorized by DC02 then printing is not execute

Quote Originally Posted by YbiT View Post
    HI

A have the same problem.

I've configured 226.E to using Single Sign-On. Everything works great when user's host is authorized by DC01, but when users is authorized by DC02 then printing is not execute

Might have something to do with the Domain join or DNS make sure that both DNS server are registered in copier, i still have this issue escalated with Konica Japan, no fix as of yet with a Server 2012 DC, Japan also can't get it working

YbiT

My DNS Settings on the printer [Network Tab>TCP/IP Settings]:
    DNS Settings.jpg

Printer joined to domain and it has name GEN9856CA. I do not know why such a name? Name of DNS in AD I typed address IP of the printer.

Each user authorized by the DC01 can print. After authentication at the printer creates a user account with default permissions:
    develop users.jpg

but when user is authorized by DC02 cannot execute print:
    error auth.png

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morpk View Post

Were you ever able to resolve this? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.