Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minolta DI450

bizhelper

Minolta DI450

We have an old Minolta DI450, manual as well as current service contractor can't tell us how to print the spec page so I can find the IP address and re-install the printer to our network. Don't know what the admin. code is either and it's not 0000, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Minolta DI450

Lightbulb Re: Minolta DI450

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: Minolta DI450

Quote Originally Posted by bizhelper View Post
    We have an old Minolta DI450, manual as well as current service contractor can't tell us how to print the spec page so I can find the IP address and re-install the printer to our network. Don't know what the admin. code is either and it's not 0000, any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Try 12345678, failing that... go into tech mode and reset it. (the manual will tell you how to get into tech mode, don't have one... get it from the guy that posted right above me)
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Minolta DI450

You cannot call a specs page for this machine. If it has the standalone controller Pi-5500 (Fiery) than you will find it in the Fiery menu itself by using the the front panel buttons on the controller. If it has the embedded controller Pi-5501 you must reset the controller first and than use BootP to enter a new IP-Address.

A rather clunky method however. Let me know when you need the procedure how to do this. Best would be to find out the previous IP-Address if you can by looking in one of the old installed drivers on any workstation.

Hans

amircopier

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    You cannot call a specs page for this machine. If it has the standalone controller Pi-5500 (Fiery) than you will find it in the Fiery menu itself by using the the front panel buttons on the controller. If it has the embedded controller Pi-5501 you must reset the controller first and than use BootP to enter a new IP-Address.

A rather clunky method however. Let me know when you need the procedure how to do this. Best would be to find out the previous IP-Address if you can by looking in one of the old installed drivers on any workstation.

Hans
    Please can you tell me how to assign ip adress to my Di450, i have installed a Pi 5501 and i dont find any menu on the front panel of the copier. Must i use bootp, if yes how?
    thanks a lot
    Last edited by amircopier; 11-19-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Minolta DI450

You installed the Pi-5501 embedded controller yourself or was it already in the machine?

Procedures are depending on it.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

I use angry IP scanner for devices like slip printer controllers and the like to find and reassign the IP address.

Minolta DI450

Yes, but to use an IP scanner without knowing at least the IP-Address range will not be easy I think....

Hans

Yea can be a pain to many different addresses to scan. Start by using common ranges. If it is still in the same infrastructure check the range of the pc's. Or try 10.0.x.x 100.0.x.x 192.168.x.x. ext. after resetting it should it not be on DHCP auto obtain? I have worked with PI-5500 with busted front panel buttons before not the 5501.

Minolta DI450

A Pi-5501 without known IP-Address and without issuing a start up config page must be factory reset. From than on you need BootP or similar to enter the IP-Address. Very poor design, even when it was introduced 14 years ago it was already sub-standard. I still have 5 units in the field. Two with Pi-5500 and 3 with Pi-550a controller.

Hans