Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

C2557 on BizHub 200

Hey guys, I've got a problem machine that I was on for several hours today and drove me insane. It is constantly throwing the above mentioned error code no matter what I have changed. I just replaced the drum/developer/developing unit last week, cleared the counters and ran F8 in the function menu. All was fine til yesterday when the code popped again. For testing purposes, I replaced the 3 components again and when I ran F8, I noticed that the toner bottle wasn't spinning. I removed the toner replenishing drive unit and cleaned the two solenoids with luck. I replaced the pwb board in the rear of the machine and that had no effect either. At this point I'm completely stumped and don't know what else to do. I ordered a sub hopper assembly thinking the sensor could be bad there but I don't have a whole lot of faith in that being the culprit.

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C2557 on BizHub 200

Re: C2557 on BizHub 200

a) see if there is drive to the drum, it may not be turning

b) order those solenoids you cleaned

c) yes the sub hopper has a reed switch that triggers the toner add solenoid, order that

the toner bottle doesn't necessarily turn when you run an f8 so don't get fixated on that

Technician
    Is there a way I can test for drive to the drum? I can't run any test prints because the code pops instantly. I know the main drive gear assembly was replaced within the past month so I'm pretty sure it's turning. I'm going to get those solenoids on order first thing in the AM along with a spare reed switch for the sub hopper.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

To see what is turning, mark everything with a black marker and see if it moves. I would also look to see if the counters reset when you zeroed them. It should run F-8 without adding toner. If it needs toner, it will add after F-8 is done.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C2557 on BizHub 200

Lightbulb Re: C2557 on BizHub 200

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnston12385 View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a problem machine that I was on for several hours today and drove me insane. It is constantly throwing the above mentioned error code no matter what I have changed. I just replaced the drum/developer/developing unit last week, cleared the counters and ran F8 in the function menu. All was fine til yesterday when the code popped again. For testing purposes, I replaced the 3 components again and when I ran F8, I noticed that the toner bottle wasn't spinning. I removed the toner replenishing drive unit and cleaned the two solenoids with luck. I replaced the pwb board in the rear of the machine and that had no effect either. At this point I'm completely stumped and don't know what else to do. I ordered a sub hopper assembly thinking the sensor could be bad there but I don't have a whole lot of faith in that being the culprit.

the solenoids 1 and 2 have to be replaced not cleaned.

ON the main board there is a little black button. Press and hold that down, it generates an internal test chart of lines. This will tell you if things are turning.....
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Technician

Just to give an update on this situation. Me and another tech have been battling with this machine for over a week now. We have changed the Drum/Developer/Developing Unit twice, changed the entire sub-hopper assembly, the sensor on the sub-hopper, the main board in the back, the M5 fan (on the right door behind the registration section. We were able to get the code to clear once. We ran ~600 copies and it popped the code again and have yet to be able to clear it this time. Even just running F8 fails. I went as far as reflashing the firmware, and that did clear the code for about 10 minutes. But after 2 copies, it popped again.

I tried pressing and holding the black button on the main board, but after about 5 seconds, I get an abort code and the machine reboots itself. Everything is turning as it should be based on marks I put on certain gears/parts. I am on the phone with KM tech support and the gentleman is having me go through lots of settings and values with him.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnston12385 View Post

At this point I would swap the MFB3 with one from another machine.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician
    I take it you are referring to the board that sits under the scanner optics?