Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

driver issue bizhub C224e-C284e-C364e-C454-C654-C754

A few new installation gave me problems with the PCL driver on bizhub C284e and C454. Installed version 2.1.2 PCL driver on 2012 server as shared printer 32 and 64 bit deselected "remove white background" and "excel jobcontrol" but on the klients connecting to the shared printer they are still selected and on 64 bit klient they get this irritating popup window when printing that says the functions doesnt work in 64 bit. I just cant get this to go away.

Od thing is if you startet installing the latest 2.1.2 PCL driver on the server, connected the klients to the shared printer. Then exchange the driver on to the earlier version 1.4.1 the klient still uses 2.1.2 even after deleting the printer and the driver files and packages on the klient and connecting again to the shared printer it is still the 2.1.2 driver ??

Any ideas?

Torben

Re: driver issue bizhub C224e-C284e-C364e-C454-C654-C754

Hi, Go to the printer properties and look at the last tab - From memory I think it is Other tab. There you will see three tick boxes relating to these messages. un tick them and your problem will go away. If you click the blue question mark you will see that these option are not used in the 64 bit driver so windows gives you these messages on 64 bit clients. You may find you need to do the same in the Advanced tab and Printing Defaults to get it to stick. In my experience If you are doing this on a server just do one tick at a time and check a client to make sure the change is reflected as un ticking all three at once is not always reflected instantly. You may need to remove the printer from the client and re add once you have made the changes.

Technician

they are deselected in both general and advanced tab on the server shared driver. seems a bit strange that you have to untick one at the time ?? i'll try it.

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

Post Re: driver issue bizhub C224e-C284e-C364e-C454-C654-C754

This is a known problem (even according to Konica Minolta *gasp*!).
    Since the tick boxes won't get shared from a server, there's quite an ingenious way of pushing it out with a GPO.
    The setting is stored in the registry (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KONICA MINOLTA\*driver*\*user*\*queue name*), change the value of ExcelJobCtrl to 0. Push it along with the queue in a GPO and you've got no ticked box.

This is the best solution I've found, even Konica Minolta thanked me (and the customer that figured it out) since they haven't figured it out themselves

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

I have a problem with a PS driver in a Mac O.S 10.8 ( C224 ) the machine has installed account track and with windows PC dont have problem to logon in account but the Mac always give me a logon problem ,I know there is a bulletin with a solution , new driver version 1.4 I think , but I try all the diferents drivers version in infohub and always have the same logon problem any idea? thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    "Printing defaults" is what you want to do in this case. Using "printing preferences will only apply to local users. So changing the printer preferences for the driver on the server will only apply to users actually logged in the server locally.

To have the settings apply to other clients/users you need to go to "printer properties" then the "advanced" tab and click on "printing defaults". It will look just like changing the settings in "printing preferences" except now the settings will be propagated out to the clients.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar

This is a major problem for us too. The settings are all set on the server (Printer Preferences and Printing Defaults) and even 'Share My Tab' ticked and 'Display Constraint Messages' unchecked and still this message appears on all users with 64-bit. REALLY annoying. The current workaround is to visit each user and remove the check box individually through 'Printing Preferences' which in a company with 300 users gets a bit annoying!

This is with the latest driver version of 3.1.1 (PCL or PS) for Develop/Olivetti. I haven't checked the current Konica level, but we can't use Konica drivers with User Authentication or Account Track as jobs are just deleted.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pajeroid View Post
    This is a major problem for us too. The settings are all set on the server (Printer Preferences and Printing Defaults) and even 'Share My Tab' ticked and 'Display Constraint Messages' unchecked and still this message appears on all users with 64-bit. REALLY annoying. The current workaround is to visit each user and remove the check box individually through 'Printing Preferences' which in a company with 300 users gets a bit annoying!

This is with the latest driver version of 3.1.1 (PCL or PS) for Develop/Olivetti. I haven't checked the current Konica level, but we can't use Konica drivers with User Authentication or Account Track as jobs are just deleted.
    Km have a special driver, atleast in my region that addresses this issue.

And in regards to your reseller machines, i would try manually configuring the driver encryption passphrase to a known value at the machine and the driver and see if that allows the KM driver to successfully deliver the authentication credentials to the machine.

Technician

I joining in on this one because I am THOROUGHLY PI**ED OFF because this STILL hasn't been resolved - certainly with the Develop drivers anyway. Both function versions (2 & 3) carry this same damn stupid issue. As the last poster said you cannot use the other model drivers when Account Track etc is required. When those features aren't needed mind you, I just use the older 'Non-'e' drivers from before instead.

For those of you able to try it, I will confirm that the Group Policy Change posted earlier does work, but I cannot go round messing with registry settings on other company servers - its just not on! and IT people are not impressed when you suggest they should try it!

Come on someone - figure this out PLEASE... - this is just RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Regards,
    Mark