Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ajman
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    10

    KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    Hi all,

    I changed new Drum, Developer, Corona charge, and Transfer Belt for KM C6500 , Run "TonerDesitySensor Init" OK. Reset Drum, Corona OK
    When I run Color Registration Adjustment the Error2 appear. I changed another Transfer Belt which is working on well to test, the result Error 2 again.

    any ideas for me ?

    Thank you,
    Error 2 .jpg


  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    did you clean the registration sensors??

    the unit is opposite the belt. There is a solenoid that open to let the sensors see the belt.

    i have had mine get dirty and not code out but will not work well...

    we clean with long q-tips. You can pull the transfer belt out and can get your hand back there, just don't use a rag that can make dust, only use a dust proof rags....

    let us know. (they do fail, but haven't seen it faill with less then 2.5m)


  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ajman
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    Quote Originally Posted by methogod View Post
    did you clean the registration sensors??

    the unit is opposite the belt. There is a solenoid that open to let the sensors see the belt.

    i have had mine get dirty and not code out but will not work well...

    we clean with long q-tips. You can pull the transfer belt out and can get your hand back there, just don't use a rag that can make dust, only use a dust proof rags....

    let us know. (they do fail, but haven't seen it faill with less then 2.5m)
    Yes, I did, I clean sensors and try to print PS page, 3 colors CMY seem OK, but the Black is out of alignment .


  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    i would try to swap out reg. unit.

    there not expensive.


  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ajman
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    Quote Originally Posted by methogod View Post
    i would try to swap out reg. unit.

    there not expensive.
    "reg.unit " you mean the sensors PS9 ? i'm switch software 25-3 on(1). if I switch 25-3 off(0) C4520 will appear.


  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    Quote Originally Posted by printduthu View Post
    "reg.unit " you mean the sensors PS9 ? i'm switch software 25-3 on(1). if I switch 25-3 off(0) C4520 will appear.
    So if I read you correctly you have switched off an error code which relates to the sensors which can give the error2 code? If that's correct then maybe you should take the previous posters advice and change the reg assembly or at least swap it with a known good one!


  7. #7
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    JustManuals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    10,041
    Rep Power
    140

    Thumbs up Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:


    Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads


    Paul@justmanuals.com



  8. #8
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    15,218
    Rep Power
    245

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    I don't know how similar it is, but I had a PRESS C6000 that would not complete the color registration adjustment, with an Error2 message. The machine was new, just out of the box, never made 1 copy. There were also C4651 and C4661 errors. It turned out that the spring in the transfer belt drive coupler was weak. We disassembled the coupler and stretched the spring. It worked fine after that. =^..^=

    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    first make sure the sensor rack is pluged in all the way, that could be it too...


  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ajman
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: KM 6500 Error 2 when runing Color Registration Adjustment

    Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    So if I read you correctly you have switched off an error code which relates to the sensors which can give the error2 code? If that's correct then maybe you should take the previous posters advice and change the reg assembly or at least swap it with a known good one!
    if I switched off 25-3 to 0 the machine show C4520 , if I switched on 25-3 to 1 the code C4520 disappear but can not run Color Registtra. tool. I changed the PS9 and nothing change , still massage Error 2 when Run Color Registrament .

    @JustManuals.com I bought Service manual from you already and it help nothing to repair inssue.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •