Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C652DS Abnormal noise in DF

Good afternoon ladies and gents,

I come to you with an issue.

This document feeder is creating some abnormal noise in the rear. I've identified where I think the issue is, and have tried reforming the plate it's attached to, but like Arnie, it's back.

I've attached a photo. The gear and clutch (CL1) don't seem to mesh properly, and CL1 skips over the smaller gear. As far as I can tell, there aren't any staples, or paperclips stuck between gear teeth. I've thought about putting some card or some sort of solid filler between the mounting plate that the clutch (CL1) sits on, and what looks to be the frame of the DF, to try and push those gears closer together. My thought process was that a staple got stuck somewhere at some point and cause enough stress to warp that plate ever so slightly to just pull those gears far enough apart.

I've tried to look for bulletins regarding this issue, but haven't had any luck. I'm hoping perhaps someone may have an idea I haven't thought of, or can direct me to a super-secret bulletin somewhere.

Eagerly awaiting a reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C652DS Abnormal noise in DF

Lightbulb Re: C652DS Abnormal noise in DF

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C652DS Abnormal noise in DF

this was a common issue when these first came out, and only appeared to be an issue with ham fisted customers ripping documents out backwards when they caused a misfeed.

I'm still convinced its end user related as people who respected the machines from day one at that time never had the issue.

The bracket may of been redesigned, I cant say for certain - I only ever saw it on early machines and have never had a need to remove the cover on late versions.

Re: C652DS Abnormal noise in DF

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    this was a common issue when these first came out, and only appeared to be an issue with ham fisted customers ripping documents out backwards when they caused a misfeed.

I'm still convinced its end user related as people who respected the machines from day one at that time never had the issue.

The bracket may of been redesigned, I cant say for certain - I only ever saw it on early machines and have never had a need to remove the cover on late versions.
    Well, I think that trend still continues. This customer has had all sorts of ridiculous issues that none of our other customers have. If I have to order a new mounting plate, or clutch, I'll probably bill them. That's the only way they learn; When it hits their pockets.