Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Copy/Print/Network Tech 100+ Posts Kmdurrin's Avatar

Peerless controller type

Anybody remember what the contoller type is supposed to be set to on a C350 with a Peerless Xtreme VR. Yes... I know its a horribly shitty controller, but the client is a forest service office that had an old one break down, bought a new one from some random online vendor, and is now intent on having us set it back up for them. I've only really worked with fierys so Im kind of lost here. HELP!!!!!!
    Parts: Its what your copier craves!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Peerless controller type

Re: Peerless controller type

While I feel you pain with these most "awesome" controllers, I can't remember either.

It won't hurt if you simply just try different Controller Types within service mode, just make sure that you leave the Peerless turned on and soon enough you will get the display that you are looking for.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

the best thing a peerless can be used for is changing out the fan to a quiet one, clean installing linux on it on a decent sized hdd and using it as a media file server like i used to do. Nice compact little case.

As for your question - I dont remember either, but number 3 seems to stick in memory

Just try till you find it, you wont kill these ancient machines with a sledge hammer (well yes, you will, but you know what i mean)

Also, if you have a working peerless, i strongly recommend you image the hard drive and keep it on hand, just about the only thing i ever did with those units was reimage the hard drive. I never had anything else go wrong with them and didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Peerless controller type

Don't know but I know for sure that #3 is for the embedded controller and #2 (mode 1) for the Fiery IC-401 controller. Just a few left to try...

Hans