Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar

C224e Scan to email default file name problems

Does anyone know if you can stop this range of machine adding the date/time to the end of the scan file name. I have a customer who says even when he edits the file name on the fly at the control panel it appends extra data.

I have managed to removed the machine name from the beginning - but this is at the end.

e.g...

Many thanks,

Dave.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: C224e Scan to email default file name problems

You didn't really remove anything, the name you have set up as the from address is just so long it's overwriting the fields that would normally have the "SKMBT..""I don't believe you can remove this. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You didn't really remove anything, the name you have set up as the from address is just so long it's overwriting the fields that would normally have the "SKMBT..""I don't believe you can remove this. Emujo
    You can now remove the prefix....

Just can't work out if you can delete the appended date/time/job number.

[Scan File Name Settings]

To display: [Utility] - [Administrator Settings] - [System Settings] - [Scan File Name Settings]

Press this button to change the default file name of scanned original data when saving it.

The file name is:"initial of the function" + "text to be added" + "date" + "sequential number" + "page number"

+ "file extension".

[Function Mode Initial]

To display: [Utility] - [Administrator Settings] - [System Settings] - [Scan File Name Settings] - [Function Mode

Initial]

Select whether to use an initial of the relevant function as a prefix for the file name. The following letters are

used as prefixes for file name.

C: Copy

S: Fax/Scan, User Box

P: Print

[Attach] is selected by default.

[Supplementary File Name]

To display: [Utility] - [Administrator Settings] - [System Settings] - [Scan File Name Settings] - [Supplementary

File Name]

Select whether to add a device name or desired text to the file name. To add desired text, enter it.

For the device name, use the name you specified by selecting [Administrator/Machine Settings] - [Input Machine

Address] - [Device Name].

[Device Name] is set by default.

Dave.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

This little gem of info has just pulled my ass out of the wringer...customer absolutely hated the "SKMBT......". They are quite happy with the new naming convention...Now, if you can find away to set this up on the 423 series, please post. EMujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.