Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Need to Buy a Ref. Bizhub c451

Smile Need to Buy a Ref. Bizhub c451

Hi guys i am going to buy a refurbished bizhub c451

what do i need to check !! to make sure what i get is not a lemon.!

i already told them to make sure that all the counters on the consumables are not more then 30% used

what else do i need to check, and how do i know they have not reset the transfer belt or imaging units?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Need to Buy a Ref. Bizhub c451

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Need to Buy a Ref. Bizhub c451

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post
    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

and their i thought some one had given valuable advice

cheers

I am not much of a fan of these copiers. They had chronic K image unit problems that could lead to severe dev dumping. If you are unlucky they can dump a lot of dev over the print head & down the back of the copier through the paper feed drives. This can cause problems long after the original dump.
    The image units will probably be rechipped & to my knowledge there is no way of telling,
    In short, I would be very wary of a refurb. By the way, you do realise that "refurb" means "wipe the dust off" don't you?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Call your local dealer, have them send a tech out to inspect it before you buy it. You spend about $150 and if it's a piece of crap you know up front and aren't out the price of a lemon. And if you want to save a few bucks, maybe someone on this forum is local to you...Might be able to get a look at it for $50 cash..Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Not sure what area he's in. But an easy way to check the black drum is to pull out the waste box and be sure that the bracket to hold the black drum is installed. (it will be held in place with a screw and will be at the top of the IU) But yeah... minus the black IU prob, I liked them.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Need to Buy a Ref. Bizhub c451

Same as RRodgers!

They can run for ages! When modifications are in place. Check out for a comb like looking mylar just above the 2nd transfer roller on the door as well. Can they provide you with Full List output and just scan it and post it here!

If IU's are chipped the you can tell by the variations of #numbers on the chip. Not difficult to check. Will be interesting what firmware they run on.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks you all for valuable feed back
    The reason I am going for c451 is that I already have one, plus extra black IU & few new color toners that are laying around plus all 4 toner I have in my current machine.
    PeterG : what do you think are better and more reliable machines!
    Emujo: that’s a good advice but where I am it’s a bit tedious especially when it’s the refur store P
    RRodgers: there are lots of screws there, but IU is held in place, I like these machines too and they look great too
    Habik: full list out put of what? Machine history! Usage details? “variations of #numbers” do I have to look at the actual chips!! Or software can read it and print out put!

Note: although my current machine is working fine at the moment! except for the tick tick tick noise which seems to be coming out of the paper eject drive, and some times the paper comes out wrinkled in wave shape mostly the first and second page.. is there any way to fix that!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konica7022 View Post
    Thanks you all for valuable feed back
    The reason I am going for c451 is that I already have one, plus extra black IU & few new color toners that are laying around plus all 4 toner I have in my current machine.
    PeterG : what do you think are better and more reliable machines!
    Emujo: that’s a good advice but where I am it’s a bit tedious especially when it’s the refur store P
    RRodgers: there are lots of screws there, but IU is held in place, I like these machines too and they look great too
    Habik: full list out put of what? Machine history! Usage details? “variations of #numbers” do I have to look at the actual chips!! Or software can read it and print out put!

Note: although my current machine is working fine at the moment! except for the tick tick tick noise which seems to be coming out of the paper eject drive, and some times the paper comes out wrinkled in wave shape mostly the first and second page.. is there any way to fix that!

What I meant by List Output it is in Service mode. Machine Management List / Adjustment List / Parameter List. #numbers will show on List output.
    Chips on IU's have different serial nr # on OEM's and on comatible's. If they have PPLM firmware for not showing up to change consumables a.e. Life of the IU's and transfer belt and Fuser, and even if they have OEM you will be able to see how many times IU's been changed. Counting the approx life of each IU against the Total page count should give you idea what was/ wasn't changed. For as long as the NVRAM hasn't been touched. If it was then Good luck!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    What I meant by List Output it is in Service mode. Machine Management List / Adjustment List / Parameter List. #numbers will show on List output.
    Chips on IU's have different serial nr # on OEM's and on comatible's. If they have PPLM firmware for not showing up to change consumables a.e. Life of the IU's and transfer belt and Fuser, and even if they have OEM you will be able to see how many times IU's been changed. Counting the approx life of each IU against the Total page count should give you idea what was/ wasn't changed. For as long as the NVRAM hasn't been touched. If it was then Good luck!
    ok

what about the tick tick tick noise which seems to be coming out of the paper eject drive??