Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Technician

Re: c224e wont start up

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    *Off Topic*

Why?

Hans
    Because all the boards back up to each other and you need to follow a set procedure to replace them.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    *Off Topic*

Why?

Hans
    If you have to ask why, you shouldn't be doing it.

demand the training.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    c224e wont start up

demand the training.
    I'm an Indy doing 99% Lease Returns. That means that we are always one generation behind. Though I feel it cannot not do harm to be informed already in advance about the new machines coming to us one day in the future.

That's why I asked....., Sir.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post

demand the training.
    I've been thru the certification on this series and I don't even know. Of course not every class is the same as the next. But I don't think something like this was covered in mine. I have never had such an issue on this series so I don't have experience either. Certification or not some things are just learned from experience or thru other resources like this forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

c224e wont start up

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post

demand the training.

Hans don't deserve that, we're all seniors talking here

Just to update you all. Its not the memory card or ops panel. It does give a black dot when I start it in service mode but nothing else happens and it does give a black dot when started with usb for firmware .
    My next step is to replace the Mfp board and there is a very specific process for replacing this.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

check the release date of the machine, there was a swap of controller chips due to the tsunami in japan.
    also check to see if you have the new led optics lamp installed, this will demand the latest firmware.
    if you attempt to install a different firmware the machine will just sit there in the dark and look stupid.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Hans don't deserve that, we're all seniors talking here
    If I came across as rude, I apologize, but the simple fact i'm getting at is that you should not at all be contemplating board swaps on any 4 series machines If you are not aware of the correct procedure. If someone was unaware and say, borrowed boards from a functional machine, if not done correctly you will end up with not just one machine not working but now 2. It's not like the old days anymore, the rules have changed.

If this was not covered in training provided then the trainer should not be in the business of training, even the online training provided for the 4 series machines goes over this procedure.

It's also covered in the service manual, which should be considered mandatory to have.

Do you honestly think any instructor is going to peform a board swap in class...... I'd love to see them do this. It would be a great learning tool to everyone. We all know it wouldn't go well for most, just like when your in the field. You figure out what works best, even if the manual says different. The best part about these new "e" series board swaps, is the fact that you do actually have to OPEN up a service manual and follow instructions. I know far too many people who just wing everything and cause more headaches for themselves then need be.......
    Use the service manual
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

In all my km classes I don't recall any time that they go over the specifics of changing boards. I've had to remove them in class and put that same board back in but never went over the details of a board swap in the field. Otherwise you may have someone ask a question and then the subject gets brought up in group discussion. There only so much you can cover in a 5 day ILT class anyway. You learn about things you need to know most and its not like changing boards is common. If a tech at that point doesn't know to look a the service manual before a board change is done then they need to be fired.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2