Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Ste Scott

Re: c224e wont start up

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    So, and what are the "Two Problems" causing those symptoms?

Hans
    It turned out that under certain customer environments network conditions and newer versions of SSD Boards with

high density flash memory, an increase of failing SSD Boards could be identified. After comprehensive

investigation of defective SSD Boards two direct causes have been found.

1. The data management table in SSD Board control memory block is lost or corrupted

2. The complete SSD Board control memory block is abnormal already from manufacturing

Number 2
    was caused by a lack of inspection at the manufacturer and has been already corrected at the

manufacturer side wherefore the problem rate related to this issue, which is the
    , should go

nearly to zero or will only happen in rare cases.

Number 1
    happens more often and causes the "continuous rebooting problem". This problem has been solved

by new SSD Board firmware.

The cause of the problem is related in the number of read and writes to the same page within a memory block and

a firmware failure in the wear leveling process. This process normally prevents that too many read and writes can

happen on the same page/block to secure data corruption due to overuse of a memory block. While this firmware

failure does only happen within the power on/off process of the SSD Board, identification was very difficult. Even

more not only the power on/off of the SSD Board was involved but also the customer network environment, the

MFP sleep mode (in this case the deep sleep mode) and the frequency the MFP does awake from deep sleep

mode.

If the MFP is in
    deep sleep mode and a network broadcast like an arp request or ping reaches the MFP it will

shortly awake from deep sleep mode and will immediately, after the request has been fulfilled, go back to deep

sleep mode. This in turn will also shortly switch on and off the SSD Board, but will not be recognized by the SSD

Board firmware wear leveling process and therefore will write always to the same page. This will happen as long

the MFP is in this condition and will not wake up completely.

Based on the above we can say that in network environments with many broadcasts, s with low usage

conditions and therefore long deep sleep mode times, the risk is high, that the data management table in SSD

Board control memory block is lost or corrupted and the "continuous rebooting problem" happens more often.

zaini

Quote Originally Posted by allen@askitni.com View Post
    There is a known issue with the SSD board which is corrected by new firmware, but if its hanging already the SSD board would now need replaced.
    are you use A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04-SSD firmware.

Ste Scott

Quote Originally Posted by zaini View Post
    are you use A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04-SSD firmware.
    A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

FAST FORWARD TO Jan. 2018...
    I have an off lease C364e that boots up fine, runs fine. Since there's no blue dot, we always stick the A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m in first and check for SSD version. This one comes up at ver. 6.01 and we start the upgrade to ver. 6.03 but get an error 3320 each time.
    MFP controller boot program FW is G00-04
    MFP card version G00-41
    Function mgmt. version is 2

Last time I had a 224e with no blue dot and tried to upgrade main FW, it caused the boot loop and now I guess I need an SSD for it. (I didn't know about the blue dot bulletin 9132 dated 4/7/14.) The machine was working fine until I tried to update the FW.

So I'm VERY hesitant to upgrade the FW on this machine for fear of killing the SSD.
    Anyone know why the SSD FW error 3320 is coming up?

Not sure who I have to know to get an SSD, but we have 3 (three!) 4e machines needing SSD's, all stuck in boot loops. Dealer in town says they still get them free of charge, but they seem to be uninterested in ordering them, and I'm offering to pay for them.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

In Europe you need to talk with KM support before you can buy a new SSD, maybe you can get some of the used machines, luckily.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avecosat View Post
    In Europe you need to talk with KM support before you can buy a new SSD, maybe you can get some of the used machines, luckily.
    Thanks Avecosat.
    I'm hoping a dealer will call KM, fill out a form with serial #'s that I provide from machines with bad ssd's. They receive free new ssd's and charge me for their time/trouble. I can provide the bad ones if they need to return them. Entire off-lease machines at whsle cost are far more than the SSD cost.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm not sure if I've tried it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Konica refused to send an SSD board in these circumstances. I know that I can't even make yield-protection claims on machines that were not sold to our dealership. Getting a new SSD requires a tech creating a problem ticket (using their KM ID#), log the SN#/Meter/Mgmt List/FW/ETC, then some back and forth with the help desk. If you can fudge your way past those hoops, the SSD (was) free of charge. Thankfully, I haven't had to do an SSD ticket for quite some time, but I think they are still free.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

So, I had a real heartbreaker last summer. Basically the exact issue you are describing. Long story short: the machine won.

This machine was located on a cruise ship that visits my town once a week, making service a real pain. Shipping times to our location are agonizingly long, as well. But the real problem is that the machine had been "serviced" by technicians from Japan, California, Washington, and Vancouver, and not one of them thought to take decent notes. I probably visited this machine 8-10 times last summer before it was (mercifully) replaced during a ship-wide refresh. Even though I didn't get the machine working, I did learn some things. For instance: there is a magical machine that only exists in Japan. It has the power to write specific engine firmware to a fresh PRCB if all other data has been wiped/corrupted from the other boards (SSD/MFP/HDD/ETC).

TL;DR:
    RUN!

"Machine is still stuck in boot up at two pillars. All firmware will load except for mfp controller. Ssd board will not update from 6.01 to 6.03 (error 3320)."

"
    No way to get into service mode, can only try fw stuff. Tried ssd update tool (machine is at 6.01), get error 3320. K6 and K5 mfp controller fw are ng also."

"
    it never gets past the "two pillars", trouble reset not possible."

"I'm not above trying weird stuff (referencing suggestion to leave doors open/remove all connectors possible)... But no change. Wondering if previous tech might have installed mfpb without following procedure or botched a fw update.
    Word is Japan tech was called on because on screen buttons were blank/not showing labels. After Japan tech, machine had all Japanese language labels, but was able to print from local computer. Vancouver tech came, did unknown work, and now machine won't get past 2 pillars, except for fw load screen. Not seeing 24v coming from dcpu into mfpb, but also not sure if 24v is actually supplied at that phase of boot process."

" I tried using the SSD firmware update tool and found that the machine currently has the bad version 6.01, but received error 3320 when attempting to update to 6.03. MFP Cont. firmware failed every time, no matter how many things I unplugged or left open. Reseated all connections (multiple times), no change. Left HDD unplugged, no change. As this has gone on for so long, I think the "shot-gun approach" is called for: replace all that stuff and be done with it, even if it isn't the cost-effective solution. "

"Also, looks like the "MFP Cont." firmware actually resides on the SSD Board. Definitely recommend replacing SSDB at same time. Not even sure how to go about replacing all that stuff at once, seeing as how we can't get into service mode for board-backups."

"Solutions team says the SSDB is 100% bad, needs replacement. Also very possible that MFPB needed. For peace of mind, I'd still like to add MEM and HDD to the order. Replacement procedure seems to be: install new SSDB on old MFPB, unplug HDD, cross fingers, load firmware. They got a little cagey when I asked about replacing MFPB/SSDB at same time, doesn't sound like there is a nice way to do it. Will definitely lose meter count if that happens, also have to replace all consumables (likely). Really hoping the SSDB takes care of this."

"Per KM Hotline, installed new DCPU. No change in behavior, machine still wouldn't boot past 2 pillars. With new DCPU installed (and all peripherals unplugged), tried removing 24v lines (one at a time). Tested CN004, CN007, CN008, and CN010: never made it past the 2 pillars. There isn't as much detail in Vancouver's notes as I would have liked. I am curious if they tried installing new MFPB+MEM+HDD+SSD all at the same time (knowing that it would wipe the counters). It is clear they tried at least the MFPB and SSD, but I am not sure if they eventually tried installing both at the same time."

"1.) Discussed that the machine had troubleshooting performed by multiple technicians (One in Japan, and one in Vancouver also)
    2.) We are unsure whether the parts in the machine are the originals, were changed with new, used, from another machine, etc.
    3.) Discussed that it appears as though there is no data left on the machine, and the only thing we can do is program a new PRCB.
    4.) Discussed the process and went over the steps for what to do when the board is received from SSD/ESS. (Flash firmware first, understand there will be no counter information, etc.)"

"
    Tried installing specially-programmed board and installing FW immediately: no change. All F/W loads except for MFP Controller. Ran out of time and was unable to attempt same process with new SSD board installed. "

And, the Coup de Gras:

"8/17/2017 9:34:58 AM ; (xxxxxxxxxx)
    This request was resolved by the user with this resolution description: The worst kind of resolution. Machine hit end-of-lease and shipped back to Florida. Still dead."

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This is kind of an old thread, but it helped me. My bizhub C284e would freeze with two shark fins. Occasionally I'd get error codes C-F901 or C-5602.

Upon investigation I found all the yellow developer dumped into the laser and ... IC11 on the Front PWB had a little fire. The damage extends to the wire harness where the 50mm of yellow wire and the connecter at CN5 are melted beyond recognition. A 24vdc wire melted across many of the leads at CN5.

I've ordered the Front PWB, MFP PWB, PRCB, yellow developing unit, and snipped about 300mm of wire harness with the appropriate connector from a donor in the graveyard. My hope is that the length of harness, Front PWB and yellow developer will revive this machine.

The hard part will be unstringing some of the harness to make sure only the end is melted.

Attachment 24745Attachment 24744Attachment 24743

Did I mention this is a brand new machine, less than 100 prints? More to follow. =^..^=
    Just saw this thread after many years. We had this exact issue recently, such repairs are not allowed and the machine should be taken out of the field immediately and permanently. Our machine was taken back directly to japan by KM for investigation. Any fire / safety related issues are taken deadly seriously and dealt with by head office personally.