Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drum Wrapping

Technician

Re: Drum Wrapping

after doing everything said. i found that increasing vr 702 on the hv pcb. be carefull too much will give you a code. also go too the charge settings and increase the transfer voltage too 110.. GOOD LUCK Boise paper?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

what is resistance from drum retaining screw to ground. Should be less than 5-8 ohms. Check while copier is running. It always helps to let us know what the total meter count on all posts. If resistance fluctuates a fair bit it can be either the drum retaining collar needs to be cleaned from any deposits. Or it could be the earthing strap/collar on the main shaft at the rear of the copier, behind the flywheel needs a good clean and bit more pressure added (reform the strap).

Could also try reducing the fuser temp, depending on client's copy requirements, heavy stock etc.

Are the drum-pawls sitting in correct position and loose (not binding due to toner sticking on shaft) and also check solonoid is working ok.

How old is transsep -- transfer seperation can be changed up to about 110 - 120 .

Hope some of this helps

Technician

the BH600 has 1.4 mil. on it. some of are techs are convinced that it's the paper. the first side lays flat the second side glues it's self too the drum? I will check and clean that ground, and the front shaft retainer. The ts corona is new with no change. Thank You for your help.

We still have 4 or so 601's out in schools. In my experience, its never been a humidity issue. Every time I see paper getting caugth inside the drum cartridge, or getting nice hole punches in the imaging section, it's always the drum claw solenoid not operating, leaving the claws off the drum.

Pulling off that claw assembly and giving it a good shake and clean seemed to fix it up. All that toner messes around with the solenoid.