Greetings all.

Hope you are all well and busy fixing stuff. I just wanted to report back after getting my email issue sorted. I can't really say what did it, but I can outline what was done the brought mine back to life. Perhaps it will prevent someone else's brain from exploding (not guaranteed). Anyway, after trying many email accounts and resetting the network settings a billion times and not getting anywhere I decided to completely initialize the machine and set it up again as if new. I created a new self signed certificate and installed it on the machine, activated/configured ssl, API settings, and TCP settings. After configuring everything I then configured the email smtp without authentification and it worked. I think it is pretty standard procedure for issues such as this, but I have never had the problem, so I had never done certificate settings and so on. Thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions! Helped a ton! If someone is reading this and needs a little more detail on how I did this then please shoot me a message and I can elaborate some more as to what was exactly done. Thanks again to all. Happy Holiday season everyone!

Mitch