Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gyrfalcon

Bizhub C350 w/Fuser Plastic Fun?

Hello,
    This is my first post so please be kind. I'm not a superstar technician like most of you. I spill toner and have wasted a ream or two of paper in my day.

I picked up a bizhub C350 to play around with and got it cheap because it had a fuser error.

I ripped apart the fuser and found plastic crap wrapped around the black roller (sorry don't know the proper term). I cut and pulled it off. Seems to print okay but I'm wondering if I need to get a different roller? I was also wondering what the deal is with the Unit Life Indicator???:

Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C350 w/Fuser Plastic Fun?

You will need to replace the fuser unit. The unit life indicator indicates that all the consumables are new or someone has reset the life counter for these parts. The fuser is showing about 50% life left.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

as long as you didn't damage the fusing unit in any way when removing the foreign material it should be fine - as stated the fuser is not rebuildable if theres anything wrong with it it must be replaced as a unit.

Hopefully you did not puncture or scratch the fusing belt (orange) or the pressure roller (black) if you did this damage will be visible on the prints and toner in this area will just wipe off the paper. They must be perfect for perfect fusing.

gyrfalcon

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    as long as you didn't damage the fusing unit in any way when removing the foreign material it should be fine - as stated the fuser is not rebuildable if theres anything wrong with it it must be replaced as a unit.
    Have you ever used chinese parts (like from alibaba.com) to rebuild a fuser? It looks like I can get some of the internals if need be:

Compatible Konica Minolta Lower Roller
    47499927 Bizhub C350 Konica Minolta Fuser/fusing Belt - Buy Minolta Bizhub C350 Fuser Belt,Konica Minolta Bizhub C350 Belt,Pressure Belt Konica Minolta Bizhub C350 Product on Alibaba.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You will need to replace the fuser unit. The unit life indicator indicates that all the consumables are new or someone has reset the life counter for these parts. The fuser is showing about 50% life left.
    Well the printer counter says it has Grand Total counter of 1,037,546. Actually I'm wondering if you're not a bit mistaken and the consumables indicator actually shows everything is consumed BUT the fuser?

Thanks for the help!

I was also curious if you know why the paper might be getting roll marks on it like this:

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That "plastic crap" was actually a coating layer that used to be attached to the fuser roller. Over time, this plastic sheath gets torn and wraps itself around the rest of the fuser. You will need to replace the fusing unit.

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

As stated; What you cut out was a plastic wrapping that should be there, albeit not torn or wrinkled. What Flash said about the unit life indication is correct, everything is "new" except the fuser.
    The curled paper is either moisture in the paper or caused by the fact that you removed the plastic sheath. I'd replace the fusin unit (as a whole).

gyrfalcon

Quote Originally Posted by Avskrap View Post
    As stated; What you cut out was a plastic wrapping that should be there, albeit not torn or wrinkled. What Flash said about the unit life indication is correct, everything is "new" except the fuser.
    The curled paper is either moisture in the paper or caused by the fact that you removed the plastic sheath. I'd replace the fusin unit (as a whole).
    The plastic was supposed to be on the pressure roller before it self destructed right? If that's the case I'll try to order a compatible pressure roller and repair the fuser myself. Worst thing that can happen is I'll just have to replace the entire fusing unit as a whole right?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C350 w/Fuser Plastic Fun?

Lightbulb Re: Bizhub C350 w/Fuser Plastic Fun?

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

The rolet coust 60$

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

You aren't reading the indicators correctly. They fill up from left to right as they get used. The bad news is the IUs can be re-chipped to show new, but not necessarily be "new". BTW, on the newer MFPs the counter indicators are reversed, or normal, from my point of view. Actually went spastic at an account the 1st time I saw this and couldn't understand why a MFP with less than 5k copies already was in need of all the consumables. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.