Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician
    C554E showing Off Hook

C554E showing Off Hook

I have a C554e that randomly shows its off hook. Updated firmware, re-seated connections, reinitialized fax boards and did clear all data. I also turned off the option board on both fax lines because customer isn't using them yet and it still happens. IT shows up about once a week and locks up the copier cant get it out of fax/scan mode must reboot copier. Tried hotline they said they had 1 other instance of this happening but ticket is still open. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Re: C554E showing Off Hook

So machine goes to Off hook even with it not recognizing fax boards? I've seen a phone line cause the off hook before(surge on line, triggered button...or something like that)
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

hah Must've jinxed myself. Just had this happen on our office C224e. Someone was trying to scan to email and "press start to receive" off hook message popped up. I was able to clear message by going into service mode and doing and data clear of history and system errors.
    Very weird
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Times I've actually seen the hook toggle by itself was a bad phone line. Could be bad fax card but not likely. If it happens a lot you can hear it if you disconnect the fax and plug in a phone to the line while listening to the dial tone. I usually hear a good dial tone go to a high pitch constant tone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

my machine doesn't even have a fax. Theres not even the option for off hook/on hook

Technician
    C554E showing Off Hook

Phone lines aren't even plugged into fax board. It hasn't happened since i did data clear but we'll see.

Technician
    C554E showing Off Hook

Copier showing off hook again this morning. Clear all didn't fix issue. I Don't have any other ideas.

Just had it happen again on a different C224e. I was having issues with scan to smb. It errored out a few times and then went to Off hook.....We cannot be the only ones having this issue. Anyone else see this?

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

are you running the latest fw on these machines?

as per usual with KM the machines are full of bugs when released and then slowly they are ironed out with very regular firmware updates.

Also, if you are able to get to the utility menu while this problem is occurring and you have not power cycled the machine - see if the administrator password works. If it rejects the password as being incorrect you have a corrupt hard drive and formatting it / replacing it and setting up the required data again by hand will be required. (dont back anything up for reinstallation as you will transfer the error back to the machine) I've had the hdd issue cause some very strange issues on the e series.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I'm quite curious about firmware versions. I have several C224e and C554e and feeling lucky by now. Could all of you share this info...

BR