Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 501 C-2403 error code

I am currently working on a Bizhub 501 with a C-2403 error code. I have removed the toner bottle assembly and have vacuumed out the toner bottle phase sensor and the entire assembly. I ran 75 copies out of the mfp and thought I was done, when I was with the customer the mfp started to beep, then the error C-2403 magically appeared back on the screen. I have read a lot of posts on this particular issue and have seen where tecs have replaced the ps28 sensor ( toner bottle phase sensor), installed a new indexing ring (50ge33152f) and still have had the C-2403 error reappear. I also read where tecs have modified the springs on the toner lock door ( which I have not attempted yet). I have two questions 1.) Is there a part number for the ps28 sensor and do I need to replace it? 2.) Is there a cut and dry solution to resolve this issue?

Re: Bizhub 501 C-2403 error code

Hello there..
    I had the same problem with the same model a year ago and i replaced the sensor and all that...no help then I replaced the drum, starter and the fixunit and everything work just fine.
    hope this will help

Cheers

David

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Bizhub 501 C-2403 error code

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walterman View Post
    I am currently working on a Bizhub 501 with a C-2403 error code. I have removed the toner bottle assembly and have vacuumed out the toner bottle phase sensor and the entire assembly. I ran 75 copies out of the mfp and thought I was done, when I was with the customer the mfp started to beep, then the error C-2403 magically appeared back on the screen. I have read a lot of posts on this particular issue and have seen where tecs have replaced the ps28 sensor ( toner bottle phase sensor), installed a new indexing ring (50ge33152f) and still have had the C-2403 error reappear. I also read where tecs have modified the springs on the toner lock door ( which I have not attempted yet). I have two questions 1.) Is there a part number for the ps28 sensor and do I need to replace it? 2.) Is there a cut and dry solution to resolve this issue?
    Unfortunately, there is no cure for that problem.. It is a design defect. But, usually in your case where you vacuum and code returns, you should replace the ps28 and ps4. They're both right there and you have to take half the machine apart to get to that unit anyways.

All the mods out there are completely useless. The 501 has all the mods carried over from the 500. Most the errors are when the customer incorrectly loads toner. The real solution is to replace the machine with a 423.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Tank you, Compytec, I will order both sensors and replace them and let you know how it goes. Any pointers?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You should've tried a different toner bottle first. They are keyed with nubs that can be busted.

Vacuuming is kind of pointless, it needs canned air to get inside the sensor slits.

But if you spend 45 minutes minutes getting to the sensors to blow them out, might as well replace them.

The spring on the blue door is something to look at, it puts pressure on the bottle to make it engage properly.

When you're done, don't walk away. You have to run and run and run copies until can you watch the bottle turn then STOP. Once it does that, you're good to go.

Sky shots go quicker, but if the machine is already thirsty for toner, you will further strip the developer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you for your response JR2ALTA, I will have the customer try a new toner bottle while I am ordering the sensors.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If you take the FS off you can see the little access plate that they added to get to the sensor.

I had read about it... but only recently saw where it was.

G-unit

Hi, I have a school board full of Bizhub 421's. I have had bad toner bottles - usually after market. I have also replaced the phase sensor. I have had to replace the entire toner drive unit a few times. I believe the main issue with the drive unit is the gear (item # 4 on page 25 gets chewed up.) However I had one where I had tried all of these things and still the problem came back. The solution was to post a sign with a photo of the operation panel while it was displaying "Toner Supply in Progress" In black magic marker we wrote "Please Do Not Touch Machine, when it is displaying this message!" We found several partially used bottles of toner. The machine was 3 flights of stairs up from my key operator's office and she did not want to lock up toner so only she could add it. This problem had dogged me for a month and a half. The sign has been up for a year with no more problems. Yes this code is a constant pain in the backside in general on my machines, but one of the above should fix it.

alam2020

check the toner bottle is it properly installed cheat the door and check while u r making copies is it turning