Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CF Card Issue

CF Card Issue

when put the CF card to upgrade firmware , MFP show "invalid card please check the cards " . the card issue or other ?????

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: CF Card Issue

If you've ever used the card in a B&W MFp then it will not work. Try a brand new CF card, and some techs recommend 258MB or less. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    If you've ever used the card in a B&W MFp then it will not work. Try a brand new CF card, and some techs recommend 258MB or less. Emujo
    You mean if use for B&W then don't use at colour mfp ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Basically some cards just don't work in my experience no matter what you do. If you find one that works never let it out of your site. I also recommend finding a 256MB card. From the ones I've tried the 512MB didn't work. On models like the bizhub 200-250-350 you won't have an issue, just copy the files over and flash no problem. Others need special file systems and formatting and every trick out there just doesn't work with some cards.

Alternatively you can flash just about any KM model using by using FTP utility and the firmware off a laptop with a direct Ethernet connection to the copier. Then you never have to deal with a cf card. I was told by a retired KM fiery instructor that it works on most all models since maybe 2004.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Basically some cards just don't work in my experience no matter what you do. If you find one that works never let it out of your site. I also recommend finding a 256MB card. From the ones I've tried the 512MB didn't work. On models like the bizhub 200-250-350 you won't have an issue, just copy the files over and flash no problem. Others need special file systems and formatting and every trick out there just doesn't work with some cards.

Alternatively you can flash just about any KM model using by using FTP utility and the firmware off a laptop with a direct Ethernet connection to the copier. Then you never have to deal with a cf card. I was told by a retired KM fiery instructor that it works on most all models since maybe 2004.

What FTP Utility your talking ? for scan ?

Quote Originally Posted by ck1 View Post
    What FTP Utility your talking ? for scan ?
    Yeah the Konica Minolta ftp utility that you use for scanning can be used with ISW firmware upgrade.

I've done this in a fiery class with my laptop to flash a C353 and a C284.

What model of machine? Some take the Cf card formatted copy and paste, Some take the CF card thru card works. Can't be a large card.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    CF Card Issue

Yeah the Konica Minolta ftp utility that you use for scanning can be used with ISW firmware upgrade.

I've done this in a fiery class with my laptop to flash a C353 and a C284.
    Interesting, where to find that procedure?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Km instructor showed me. You will find in service mode there are ftp settings in isw firmware. We had firmware on a flash drive and point ftp utility to the USB drive.

In fact you could flash many machines about the same time. We did two at once. The instructor said he has done 12 in class before and that was because they ran out of machines to flash.

The copier will reboot automaticallty into flash mode and download the firmware then flash it.

Of course this doesn't work when copier can't enter service mode. Useful if you have a damaged cf card slot.

Also the firmware has to be one file. Either tar or tar.gz. can't remember. Some firmwares are not in this format and there is some way to build it but I again can't remember.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

We did this at standard at my previous work place.

there are some catches.

It wont work if the firmware installed on the machine is massively out of date - eg, on a c451 series you will not be able to go from R5 to R6 using ISW that can only be done with a card.

It wont work with a direct cable connection on some laptops without a switch/hub in between - because when the machine reboots to download the file the nic is reset, drops the connection and on the computer side it may not be ready by the time the machine tries to download the file and will fail every time. Most laptops wont have this problem though and the ones that do will work with a hub/switch in between to stop the network port having to wait to be ready. I had this issue on my laptop at the time.

The firmware files downloaded do not come ready to use for the older generation machines that use CF cards, you have to convert them for use with ISW. There will be a technical advise document with instructions.

And FYI, I use KODAK brand 256Mb + 128Mb cards and they have never let me down, ever, no matter what they have been used for they always work again.