Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C284e + FS-534 Jam 72-16

Hello All,

I have a few customers with the C284e plus FS-534 finisher that are suffering with J72-16.
    It would seem that the paper is failing to pass through the horizontal feed unit without catching on it.

so far we have adjusted the fuser speed/temp, changed the paper loaded the latest FW and even on one occasion changed the complete finisher and Horiz unit and it still jams.

KM have no answer as "they haven't had the problem before" so i was wondering if you guys have had any issues.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Phil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C284e + FS-534 Jam 72-16

Good afternoon,

I think i may have resolved this problem, it looks like the alignment of the cassettes is critical in the new machines as i found cut marks on the guides of the horizontal transport unit causing the jams (i hope). i have adjusted the LCC to its central position and all seems well

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C284e + FS-534 Jam 72-16

Thumbs up Re: C284e + FS-534 Jam 72-16

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C284e + FS-534 Jam 72-16

its almost always the LCC, people kick them in to close them and its the front cover that sets up the mechanical centring - and its secured by self tappers into plastic (shit design, big surprise)

since you have an lcc, I bet you anything the tray 3 feed unit 1 way clutch spring has popped out and the black roller doesnt free wheel in the feed direction. I carry the correction shims in my bag 30 of them and use them every time i go to one of these machines if its not been done before. Tray 3+4 option unit has the same clutches and theyre just as crap btw. (the bulletin says to install 1, its not thick enough 2 are required per clutch to fix it forever)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I had this same error a short time ago on a new unit but it was a bent pin where to finisher connects to the main unit. It cause horizontal transport rollers to rotate backwards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2