Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: C6500 Problem with black lines

Holy crap!
    Just ran a couple of test prints and the lines have gone from the front! There are still very faint lines on the rear of the print though, which I'm now guessing may be a separate issue with a dirty roller somewhere.
    I'll be changing all the developers soon, so lets hope we have the problem nailed.

I must admit I am at a bit of a loss as to how vacuuming off a stripe of developer fixed a line that occurred on a different plane? If you could explain that one to me I'd be very interested.

Now to try and fault find the touchscreen issue!

Seriously though Mike, I'd be happy to paypal you for your time, even if for a few drinks to show my gratitude.

Cheers,
    Steve.

field service supervisor 100+ Posts mikeena's Avatar

well the movement might of fixed it lol if you cleaned off the right section of the unit you should of cleaned off the toner of the mag roller which might of caused a issue my guess its not the lens its something to do with the developing unit if cleaned properly it can be fixed if not replace the developer unit there is one more way to check be very careful wait BE VERY CAREFUL lol pull the black dev unit out and the for say cyan unit out swap the two units never NEVER shut the toner door trick the senosr you dont want toner to dump into the dev units (toner section being the front door that screws in) make a copy that way if the cyan line is there its laser dirty bad whatever if not make a one color copy telling the machine to use cuan (that the black is in now) if the line is there its the developing unit. you will find the line probably travels with the developing unit

Technician

Well that issue appears to be resolved, thanks to Mikeena, empiru and arcadian for your advice.

I seem to have also sorted out the touchscreen issue, which appeared dead. I first found a workaround so I could finish some printing jobs. I inserted a mouse into the USB port at the back of the copier and lo and behold a cursor appeared.
    I then detached the touchscreen / control panel and stripped it down, carefully cleaning the glass all the way to the edge and also the inside of the bezel. When I put it all back together it worked fine. Probably had some crud causing a 'touch' making the panel appear dead.

I have since also had a jamming problem but found the solution right here on this forum, to which I am eternally grateful!

Cheers all,
    Steve.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Splatt,

You wrote somewhere in this post that you inserted a mouse in the USB port of the copier and a cursor appeared. I want to tell you, I service these machines since 2009 and honestly I didn't know this tip. I only used that port for firmware updates. I tried it today for one of my clients and it works like a charm, SO,

THANK YOU for posting that tiny detail.

PS: I know this post is off-topic, but I wanted to show my apreciation.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
    Holy crap!
    Just ran a couple of test prints and the lines have gone from the front! There are still very faint lines on the rear of the print though, which I'm now guessing may be a separate issue with a dirty roller somewhere.
    I'll be changing all the developers soon, so lets hope we have the problem nailed.

I must admit I am at a bit of a loss as to how vacuuming off a stripe of developer fixed a line that occurred on a different plane? If you could explain that one to me I'd be very interested.

Now to try and fault find the touchscreen issue!

Seriously though Mike, I'd be happy to paypal you for your time, even if for a few drinks to show my gratitude.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Having similar problem now. Saw a KM tech dealing with this once and his procedure was to vacuum drum blades, rollers and all around there. Didn't work, so he replaced a blade, didn't work, so he replaced the offending drum. Problem was resolved. Good troubleshooting by the tech I guess -- from least to most expensive as far as service/parts goes.