Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    typesetting

Bizhub C6500 C2454 Error

Has anyone ever figured out what causes the error C2454

I have a Bizhub C6500

I never had this problem before my service provider did a 200k PM.
    Now this error pops up right away after they replace the black developer unit.
    I have had it replaced 3 times.

My service provider is saying it is the humidity of our shop, but it has not been that humid recently.
    Today was 80-83 degrees and 62% humid.

I never had this problem and have had this machine at same location since 2011 thru now.
    Just recently over this Summer once the PM was done I started getting the error.

Service Provider took machine out and rebuilt and brought back and still getting error after 5-7 days.
    Happens quicker if I power off and power on next day.

Can other components like finisher or extra paper tray cause a surge or is this error only cause by the environment?

At wits end, the machine only has a total of 1.85 million click, not even ready for a rebuild.

Please help, in Cleveland OH (216) 440-0403

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C6500 C2454 Error

Check the toner supply unit.
    Check the toner sensor circuit.
    check the developer drive motor.
    Run toner add routine and see if that brings it back up and running.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

typesetting

Thanks Mr Spock, the problem is, I pay a service contract and they can't seem to fix the issue.
    I keep getting that the humidity is causing the issues.

I am not a tech, I'm an end user who is finally trying to figure out myself. On going issue since we had a 200k PM 3 months ago.
    This error C2454, then fried a relay or circuit it think they said.

Personally I think it is an electrical problem that is messing with the sensor and/or parts.

When I run in I/O the motor is running. I believe it is I/O 54

Looking for a second opinion, anyone in the Cleveland area want to take a look? Call or Text John (216) 440-0403

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Check the toner supply unit.
    Check the toner sensor circuit.
    check the developer drive motor.
    Run toner add routine and see if that brings it back up and running.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Typesetting,

I had the same problem you seem to have with one of my customers. He has a C6500 that popped that code 2454 and I struggled for hours trying to figure out why that is happening.
    In the end, I told him exactly the same thing what your service provider told you. And just like you, my customer didn't believe me. His machine showed a humidity of only 50% in the I/O check mode. And I know, you will say that the machine is made to work from 10% to 80% humidity (that's what the manuals say) but personally, I don't believe that.

After many discussions (I even had to drag my collegues and even my boss to this customer to explain to him that he really has a problem with the humidity) the customer agreed to buy some dehumidifiers. We unplugged the machine and let it for 3 days straight with the dehumidifiers around it, the carriage with the drums/dev units/tr. belt and ADU unit pulled out. After 3 days we were shocked to see how much water the dehumidifiers "gathered" from the office.

Then, we started the machine, did not replace the developer (I did that before I realised what the problem really was) and the machine worked just fine and so it does to this day (the problem was 4-5 months ago).

My client was satisfied and now he really "listens" to me.

Sorry for the long story, but I really think that you have the same problem and maybe, just maybe, you'll have to listen to your service provider.

Have a nice weekend!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Forgot to say, I had this error in other C6500/6501 machines too, but in those other cases, the developer was used over 200k and after the replacement, all machines worked just fine. But, again, in your case, if they replaced the developer and dev units + the fact that you have 62% humidity, that means for me your problem is the environment.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C6500 C2454 Error

Lightbulb Re: Bizhub C6500 C2454 Error

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com