Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Konica Minolta C364 Bizhub Scans fast SLOW retreival via web from Userbox

Customer has a K/M C364 Biz. Scans occurs very quickly, to Userbox or even to USB-key. The problem exists when they want to scan to the units internal Userbox, then retrieve it later via web browser to the userbox. Retrieval speed is about 300 KB/sec for a PDF file. This user and Bizhub are on the same local LAN, so no slow network links.

I thought maybe an isolated issue, so tried it at another site, and again the performance when you go to retrieve the scanned PDF to your local machine is brutal, same about 300 KB/sec.

For now we are looking at using a USB key and walking it over, but this was not the intention when the device was sourced, and it has security impacts having these files on removable media is against policy.

suggestions please....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do they need access to the file from the MFP as well. If not then why not just scan via smb to a server share. Permissions can be applied to get the security they need. Otherwise I don't know about your issue as I don't setup userboxes that much as I don't have much request. Just giving you an option that can be just as secure and have instant access to the documents scanned. And maybe they can use a combination of both. Scan to userbox for docs they want to print when at the control panel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta C364 Bizhub Scans fast SLOW retreival via web from Userbox

That is about the norm for retrieving from user box. I would see if they will let you smb to a server. It would go a lot faster.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

We have so many of these devices that we want to have a standard. When we setup scan to a network share, users tend to leave it there as well as copying it to where it needs to be. This is significant waste of storage on the file server, plus Privacy/security issues. Scanning to the local HDD is self cleaning so it avoids this undesirable duplication. Any reason why it is so slow? It almost seems like it is creating the file on the fly (since compressed PDF is even MUCH slower) even though I am retreiving it in the format that it was created in (PDF)

thanks!

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

I do not know why it is that slow unless it is sharing network bandwidth and limiting it that way.
    I have an account that each user has a one touch (30 + users). They press their name and it goes to their personal folder on the server. Privacy and security set on each folder and an admin level account to get to the folders.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    I do not know why it is that slow unless it is sharing network bandwidth and limiting it that way.
    I have an account that each user has a one touch (30 + users). They press their name and it goes to their personal folder on the server. Privacy and security set on each folder and an admin level account to get to the folders.

We have verified network congestion is not a problem. We are using Cisco gigE switches, after hours, no local servers so no backups or anything like that going on.

Scanning is not slow, its the retrieval.

when scanning image is stored in ram and transferred to the hdd. recalling an image pulls from hdd to ram decrypts and then then transfers. this work is being done by a relatively slow cpu while its maintaining all other machine functions.

Technician

I bought a C364e and have same problem.
    I had a C350 but it was very faster than this new model.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Konica Minolta C364 Bizhub Scans fast SLOW retreival via web from Userbox

I think you discovered a bug, you should contact Konica. Most firmware updates originate from us field techs. Eventually Japan takes notice.

Technician

any other idea?