Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kmcapetech2

C353 toner not working

Hi I have a konica minolta c353 and the original toner doesn't want to fit so I saw that next to the cap of the toner is a guid thingy to secure the toner in , so i cut it off thinking it was a manufacture problem. But when i got the toner to fit ,the printer showed me it was the wrong toner can anybody help me please. The printer has R5 firmware, I used the original TN 314 K toner and it just doesnt want to work so at the end i switch the caps from the empty toner that was in the printer with the new one . the only thing is the printer keeps on saying the toner is low because it is the old chip. i investigated further with another c353 printer and got the same problem and it is not just with black all the colors is giving the same problem. Please help
    also a posibility is that i'm from South Africa and i think the printer is from Scandinavia.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C353 toner not working

chipped consumables are region, model and brand coded.

even if you defeat the blocking tabs you still need the correct chips for the machine to recognize the consumable (IU or Toner)

the aftermarket will be able to assist you with this im sure.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C353 toner not working

Re: C353 toner not working

You are likely trying to put a C253 toner in a C353. They are keyed differently and use chips specific to the model of machine. If you put a C353 toner in it will likely work.
    Hope this helps