Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brischaffer's Avatar

Question i-Option LK-105 on a KM C552

I just got a C552 in that has a message stating "OCR dictionary not found". I know that to use OCR you need Lk-105 & UK-203 options. I see the UK-203 memory in the machine but I've never seen a LK-105 so I don't know what to look for. Is it a board? Also I downloaded the movie data because it was asking for that too and I thought that included the OCR data that I need. I read in the manual that its a ".tar" file but I can't find anything on the KM One-Stop Product Support. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Brian

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: i-Option LK-105 on a KM C552

OCR data is at the very bottom of the page when looking at the BH C552 firmware list on the one-stop site. The file name is Dictionary_Data_000. I've never encountered a machine with an LK-kit yet, either, but I get the impression that it is just a software key/code (not any physical part to be installed).

LK are just keys that are generated that you enter into the machine via op panel or PS page to unlock functions...you don't physically add anything other than the UK-203 that is required for these other functions to run...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

The OCR Dictionary must be re-installed on the HDD in the machine otherwise the scan to searchable pdf function of the LK-105 won't work.

Thank you for all your responses. The more I read the more I thought it was a software thing. Is there a way to shut it off so the message will go away? I won't be needing it on this machine.

Thanks

Brian

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

To uninstall the LK-105 you have to go to Infohub, get a deactivation license and enter it into the machine. This is detailed in the service manual, but that's the rough explanation.

Thank you very much. I'll try it when I get back into the office.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

It sounds to me like you have the LK installed, and someone performed an HDD format. With this action you will lose Movie, OCR Dictionary data, and a few other items. The MFP shouldn't be looking for the OCR data unless you have the LK installed, you can verify this is service mode and/or admin mode under "Installed Licenses". If the license is there, simply add the OCR and movie data files. If no license was installed, then I would suspect you had a main board change, or someone added the extra memory when not needed. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Where do I find the OCR file. I see the Movie Data file but I don't see the OCR file. Is it combined with the movie data file or is it seperate?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

It's at the bottom of the special firmware list. Called dictionary OCR data. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.