Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jr Tech

Double Image C5501

If you look at the picture 0006 (Name Badges), you will see I am getting a double image. It always repeats in the EXACT same spot on the sheet, never moves. It is in all 4 colors CMYK. I tried swopping drums, coronas, the fuser belt is new, the transfer belt is new, the transfer blade is also new. I will also occasionally get black patches like you see in 0004 and 0005. I believe it is all related. Any ideas?
    Image0004.jpgImage0005.jpgImage0006.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Double Image C5501

I had a similar problem with name badges too. I tried some of the stock on a C7000 and bh1200, both with the same result. You may have to play with temperature and weight settings and may find something that works. Make sure your transfer belt and fuser are both ok. Does it only happen on that stock? Bottom line, is the stock approved by the machine manufacturer?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Double Image C5501

Lightbulb Re: Double Image C5501

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hi,
    Measure the distance that the double image occurs.
    Based on the distance you can determine what part is causing the problem (fusing unit, drum, transfer belt).

Thumbs up Re: Double Image C5501

Quote Originally Posted by bpifer15 View Post
    If you look at the picture 0006 (Name Badges), you will see I am getting a double image. It always repeats in the EXACT same spot on the sheet, never moves. It is in all 4 colors CMYK. I tried swopping drums, coronas, the fuser belt is new, the transfer belt is new, the transfer blade is also new. I will also occasionally get black patches like you see in 0004 and 0005. I believe it is all related. Any ideas?
    Image0004.jpgImage0005.jpgImage0006.jpg

Hello

I have the same problem on 300g. I replace developing unit K with developer and change cleaner belt unit.
    The problem gone.

Greetings

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The gray blotch is the key. Problem is indeed with the black dev unit. Some defect in the unit results in incorrect dev unit bias current and toner jumps to the transfer belt when it shouldn't.

You can change the dev unit bias by changing the paper weight setting but running the same stock. If the marks change then it confirms the developer unit is the problem. Have seen this multiple times.

DLJORG
    Waterbury, CT

Absolutely the DV unit...fairly common issue