Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That annoying "Click Finish to Continue" message...

Dealing with a BH C451, though the issue occurs with most newer machines, as well. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Customer places original on the glass, closes the lid, hits start, and is presented with the message. They are forced to click two extra buttons before receiving a copy, which is pretty much the worst thing imaginable (for a lot of my customers). KM's solution is to switch from "sort" to "group" output, but that obviously isn't a viable solution in most locations.

I thought that I had seen some special F/W versions that were released to deal with this, but I am unable to find them now. Can anyone point me towards the C451 FW release that addresses this (if one exists)? Not looking for the FW itself, just the name of the file so I can find it on their stupid "One-Stop" support page.

Technician

Re: That annoying "Click Finish to Continue" message...

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    Dealing with a BH C451, though the issue occurs with most newer machines, as well. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Customer places original on the glass, closes the lid, hits start, and is presented with the message. They are forced to click two extra buttons before receiving a copy, which is pretty much the worst thing imaginable (for a lot of my customers). KM's solution is to switch from "sort" to "group" output, but that obviously isn't a viable solution in most locations.

I thought that I had seen some special F/W versions that were released to deal with this, but I am unable to find them now. Can anyone point me towards the C451 FW release that addresses this (if one exists)? Not looking for the FW itself, just the name of the file so I can find it on their stupid "One-Stop" support page.

Changing the output from sort to group will work. When using the document feeder it will auto-switch back to sort. When defaulted in sort, the copier assumes you have more to copy off the glass and will allow you to scan until finished. If you switch it back to group it will produce a copy without having to tell it your finished but will not group your copies when using the document feeder. I used to default it to sort, until this same issue came up.

Deadlywonder

I had this. I went through the usual options like checking batch printing etc but it was all set correctly. In the end I changed the default copy settings from Current Setting, back to Default and this then sorted out the issue. I cant say why, I can only guess that there was some sort of bug that caused the machine to think an option was still turned on. Once it was working I restored the customers chosen settings and fixed it back to Current Settings, tested again, all working correctly.

User Settings - Copier Settings - Default Copy Settings - Current Setting / Factory Default

I hope this helps.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    That annoying "Click Finish to Continue" message...

This can pull up a lot of people when running up the machines.

The machines will put themselves into Sort Mode automatically when the Doc Feeder reads more than one original in the tray.

the only problem you have then is that you will now need to retrain your users so that it they have multiple documents to scan from the glass, then they will need to use the Separate Scan feature or to change the Sort mode which will allow them to scan all of their documents prior to the machine starting to print them.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.