Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

e series and account track

anyone had the annoying issue on the e series yet when using account track where by the machine will go into a state of lock down and accept no account track passwords at the panel and also reject the administrator password?

the only way to get around this is to switch the machine off at the main switch and restart it. It may happen once a day, once every few days, or once a week.

The only permanent solution I have found is to format the hard drive / replace it and setup the machine again from scratch, which is a collossal pain in the butt. You can not backup and re-use the account track data as you will transfer the error back to the machine and you will be back to square one.

All e series machines appear to be affected 224 - 754 and firmware doesnt fix it. Some machines do it, others dont. I'm thinking theres something wrong with the way the machine writes the initially created accounts to the hard drive, or possibly it happens if the accounts are being created via the web interface and it times out during one of them due to a slow operator.

Km don't want to do anything about it. All hard drives that have been replaced have tested out 100% perfect with zero bad sectors on a computer, its not a hdd failure.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I setup quite a few of the e series with account track and haven't seen this at all yet. I see all kind of weird issues with these models though so it doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Re: e series and account track

I've personally only seen it 7 times out of possibly hundreds of machines, account track is very popular with us.

ashley.jennings

Was there ever a solution to this thread? I have just encountered the same problem on a Bizhub c454e.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    e series and account track

Considering the thread goes back to March and there have been a lot of Firmware updates since, try updating the Firmware.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

there is a solution, MY solution.

format the hard drive, perform the associated tasks relating to that and re-setup account track from scratch. (note that reloading the FW is the mandatory next step after hdd format on the c654e/c754e series or you will get an error code)

do NOT export and re-import the account tracks, the problem will be retained.

you CAN export and re-import the address book without issue.

Done this a number of times now and its fixed the problem every time, Firmware as yet has not addressed this issue. Nor has KM acknowledged this bugs existence, because the above procedure fixes the problem. (something must of gone wrong at the time of creating the account tracks, my guess is user error, packet loss or logout using the web interface at time of data entry or saving)

If the fault remains, REPLACE the hdd and setup again from scratch.
    Last edited by EarthKmTech; 11-15-2013 at 01:03 AM.