Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C650 printstop/no prints in service mode

I just got this machine in today.
    First, some jackhole decided to mess with the HDD and not reconnect it correctly (which really annoys me...but...okay). I got the HD working and formatted--all is good there....

I was assured the machine was tested and would pass paper before the order was placed; however, there were no test prints supplied with the machine (unlike the other 2 machines that I ordered).

When I attempt to copy, I simply get a printstop message in the que. If I delete the job it says something like "deleted due to error"
    When I attempt to print anything anywhere in service mode nothing happens (the start-button-color is always orange).
    I have not tried to print yet because of a minor cabling issue, but if it cannot print in service mode, I am assuming sending a job to it will yield the same results.

All state confirmation tests run fine. I might be missing something in the sensor checks... (I think the documentation is confusing...), but I will get all my documentation ready and tackle it tomorrow.

I can flash the firmware easily enough, but that is simply a shot in the dark at this point.

Forgive my ignorance, but I do not know where to go next--why am I not being prompted with some error? Please tell me I am missing something so banal that I will want to stick my hands in a fusing unit until my skin melts

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

Re: C650 printstop/no prints in service mode

Do a Data Clear and a System Error Clear under Initialization in SM. This has freed some locked up machines for me in the past.
    If you check the error logs, do you see any CF023?

Quote Originally Posted by Avskrap View Post
    Do a Data Clear and a System Error Clear under Initialization in SM. This has freed some locked up machines for me in the past.
    If you check the error logs, do you see any CF023?
    I forgot to mention I did perform a system clear (twice).
    The the CF023 code listed in the Service Call History.

Thanks for replying!

Actually! There is a fairly old code that I just found.
    F023 is listed. MsgQue OverFlow (consistency in grammar has never been one of Konica's strong suits)
    "Description
    F023.
    Solution
    CAUSE: PWB-MFP (MFPB) failed.
    SOLUTION:Perform a Data Clear. Reseat all the connections on PWB-MFP. Replace PWB-MFP if necessary and flashMFPB with most current firmware. If
    the problem persists, swap the NVRAM"

RHUTROH!

I will flash tomorrow! (these mofos will take this shit back if I have to replace the PWB-MFP)

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

Why I asked about the CF023 is that we had a machine yesterday that wouldn't do jack shit. It started up normally, warming up and doing adjustments, but then just locked up. You couldn't access the menus or print anything, but you could navigate the copy screen as normal. A colleague visited the site and did an error clear and everything went back to normal. He saw two CF023 in the error logs, a couple of weeks ago but the customer said the machine had worked fine until yesterday morning.
    Perhaps it's an indication of a soon-to-fail-totally MFP board...

Okay, flashed the nvram and nic (the controller option kept disappearing in service mode).
    I then got a Licensing error after entering the serial number--but I did not attempt the recovery yet which requires some nonsense I do not care for (apparently the machine has lk101-3)
    After checking the checksum again I noticed that the checksum in the file and documentation from KM shows OE9A but I get D9BA in the imaging software for the NVRAM firmware.

Redownloaded and wrote to the card 2 more times with the same results. ..
    Maybe someone can check this for me??

After hours of additional flashing, cleaning and replacing IUs and belt I can finally print from the service menu.

But here is the best part--all copies produce this gem:
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Wth is that?!
    I'm calling it a night.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

The security blocks from hell!!!

Rerun the setup procedure like it is a brand new machine and this will take care of the blocks. Do every step ( I forget which ones were actually required and which can be skipped) and it should be fine.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    The security blocks from hell!!!

Rerun the setup procedure like it is a brand new machine and this will take care of the blocks. Do every step ( I forget which ones were actually required and which can be skipped) and it should be fine.
    Thanks man!

I actually do not intend on working on this machine any longer (but I might have to, to verify the scanner assembly is fully operational to put in another machine). I am in the process of forcing the wholesale provider to send another machine--it simply did not pass paper when it arrived (as promised), but I worked on it anyway for the challenge.

Either way, I am fairly convinced that the MFP board and/or NVRAM is defective as there are several menus that will not appear (admin settings, controller in SM, and software switches will not stick).

I am tempted to give them about ~$150-200 for it as a parts machine (basically the amount they would pay to ship it back to them).

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Print stop will also occur when any of the consumables (IU, Fuser, xfer belt) have exceeded their life expectancy. Utility/Counter...Check Consumable Life. If any thing is full then that's what the problem is. You can either replace the unit(s) in question, or install the PPLM/IU firmware which allows all consumables to run until failure w/o requiring replacement. If you just got this MFP and this is the problem I would have the seller pay for the replacement items. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Print stop will also occur when any of the consumables (IU, Fuser, xfer belt) have exceeded their life expectancy. Utility/Counter...Check Consumable Life. If any thing is full then that's what the problem is. You can either replace the unit(s) in question, or install the PPLM/IU firmware which allows all consumables to run until failure w/o requiring replacement. If you just got this MFP and this is the problem I would have the seller pay for the replacement items. Emujo
    Exactly, I left out that I did reset the transfer belt fuse and installed the IU firmware, but the machine will not keep my software switch settings and stop+0+c and even stop+9 will not do anything in service mode.
    That and the lack of not being able to access the Administrator options leads me to think something is very wrong.
    I actually just talked to the provider, they are testing another machine to send today.
    Thanks