Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C452

Senior Tech 250+ Posts CrapAimer's Avatar

C452

Hi all

Have a squeaking problem on a C452 almost positive its coming from the side door. I have oiled roller bearing etc and the 2 fans. I have another machine in our office which I was going to change over the complete side door, but small problem cant seem to figure out, how to get the tension wire on the ride side off. has anyone actually had this off, I so how did you do it.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    George

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: C452

Don't bother, the problem will come back on the new door, or the noise is coming from the fuser drive motor/gearing. You have to clean/lubricate the white driven rollers, the shafts they rotate on, and the remaining bushings. If it's the drive gearing, the newest/modified assy should resolve the noise. Fairly easy to replace. The noise can also be coming from the section that tells the MFP the fuser is rotating in the idle mode. There are mods to fix this also. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C452

Re: C452

These use the inductive heat fuser which means the fuser HAS to be turning to be ready to copy. If the low temp timeout is set to 4 hours the fuser will continue to rotate for 4 hours after the last use.