Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Copier displays "Front door is Open" HELP please!

Good day sir, I have an old konica 7055 and just now it displays "front door open" message, even though it's close or interlock is cheated.. I have tried to disassemble the front cover to see if the interlock has been disconnected but is perfectly fine. I also tried to disconnect the interlock and replaced it with a spare from the other machine but no luck. I haven't tried yet to trace the white wire from the interlock to the back of the machine if where it goes.. Help me please...?? thank you!!!

Re: Copier displays "Front door is Open" HELP please!

Quote Originally Posted by chejay127 View Post
    Good day sir, I have an old konica 7055 and just now it displays "front door open" message, even though it's close or interlock is cheated.. I have tried to disassemble the front cover to see if the interlock has been disconnected but is perfectly fine. I also tried to disconnect the interlock and replaced it with a spare from the other machine but no luck. I haven't tried yet to trace the white wire from the interlock to the back of the machine if where it goes.. Help me please...?? thank you!!!
    I'm no expert by any means, but I would presume that there should be power to the interlock switch. Maybe whatever supplies the power to this switch is buggered

Technician

That's what I think too sir, I had to disassemble the exit door assembly just to trace the wires of the interlock switch. It is connected to the pcb board at the lower left side of the machine(under Exitdoor), and I tested it with my multi-tester and there's connectivity on it, so i guess it is'nt the wires. The other cause I am also suspecting is the relay next to the ports of the interlock wires. It doesn't click.. T_T

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

If the machine has a large capacity paper tray mounted to the right side disconnect it and see if the message goes away, if you dont have one mounted on the machine replace the duplex unit driver board

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Copier displays "Front door is Open" HELP please!

Lightbulb Re: Copier displays "Front door is Open" HELP please!

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There might be 2 switches, just have not looked hard enough. the micro switch could have failed too..

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    If the machine has a large capacity paper tray mounted to the right side disconnect it and see if the message goes away, if you dont have one mounted on the machine replace the duplex unit driver board

There is no large capacity tray attached at my machine sir.. as for the duplex unit driver board I don't know where it is located,, T_T is it at the back of duplex tray sir?? thanks...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    There might be 2 switches, just have not looked hard enough. the micro switch could have failed too..

As far as I know sir there is just one interlock switch for front door cover(which I always cheat whenever i troubleshoots paper jam), except for the interlock of fuser's lever.. Some says I should check the board of feed motor at the lower rear of the machine (drives feeding unit). tanks..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

remove the fron cover of the duplex unit and the board is right in front

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This brings back memories!!!
    This is a very old model and is testing the brain matter, but i think i can help
    This is normally caused (believe it or not) by a short in the paper feed drive motor.
    There is a gear in the drive unit that chews out internally and drops the drive pin onto the motor (which shorts and blows the motor).
    It is a nightmare job to get to the drive ass'ly. I suggest putting the machine out to pasture.
    Hope this helps (i used to cringe in fear when i used to get sent to one of these machines displaying this message)