Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts alamsandhu's Avatar

BH-C224 Showing Please wait when pressing scan/fax button

i have BH-C224 copying and printing working fine but when press scan/fax button / scan to SMB showing Please wait and hanged up with no progress need to restart every time once message appears.
    1- Updated Firmware
    2-Replaced new MFP and updated firmware.
    3-Formated Hard disk
    4-uninstalled Hard disk
    5-Initialize Network Settings
    6-changed IP Address message appears even without connecting network cable.
    any idea
    regards

Attached Images Attached Images

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: BH-C224 Showing Please wait when pressing scan/fax button

replace the hard drive.

If at first you don't succeed, try the way I told you how to do it in the first place.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    New memory stick might be worth a shot as well. I haven't seen this issue exactly but we have seen a lot of memory going bad in these.

There are several memory/HDD drive test in service mode as well.

Also we had a meeting with our DSM Friday morning and he mentioned many cases where the SSD board replacement has fixed issues. Whether that board is relevant to your issue or not I don't know.

I just had to connect a loaner copier because one of our techs had an issue with an 4 series rebooting when sending print jobs. I know he tried mfp board with no help and is now at our shop for in house repair. This new series especially the "e" series has been crap for us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You could also try formatting the HDD first in Service Mode first?

Do other scan options work (e.g., ftp, email)?

If you do not have the ability to replace the HDD as EarthKmTech suggests, you can test it first with a desktop computer for bad sectors first with programs like Spinrite and often repair it. Hiren's BootCD Fan & Discussion Platform

I am not sure what interface the HDD uses for the c224, but you might need to buy a ~15.00 laptop-to-desktop adapter to do this, if you do not possess one already.

it uses 2.5" sata drives.

if it has the original hitachi drive, sooner or later it will fail anyway. KM has swapped over to western digital as the supplier because hitachi cant seem to make hard drives that dont fail anymore. (in km mfp's)

If at first you don't succeed, try the way I told you how to do it in the first place.

How about an all data clear in service mode? Have you tried that? What happens if you disable the hard drive in service mode? Do you still get this message? If not then that should tell you right there that your HDD is failing/failed

Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: BH-C224 Showing Please wait when pressing scan/fax button

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    it uses 2.5" sata drives.

if it has the original hitachi drive, sooner or later it will fail anyway. KM has swapped over to western digital as the supplier because hitachi cant seem to make hard drives that dont fail anymore. (in km mfp's)
    Not to sound like the stick in the mud, but Hitachi do make a good drive, just the 320GB that came in these machines had a manfucaturing fault for a huge batch of drives.

I like WD myself as I haven't had any issues with them, unlike say Maxtor, Seagate and Fujitsu.

Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

I will never buy Hitachi drives anymore because I was burnt badly. Five years ago I was building 10 pcs and had 6 out of 10 drives fail either right away or within two days. Year later I bought one Hitachi to add to my PC for extra storage. It was defective and then they sent me a replacement that fail right away. Never had an issue with WD. Had one Seagate in a Nas go bad. Maxter I didnt use much but never had any issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hitachi would of been on KM's original bill of materials for copier assembly for being the absolute cheapest drive available in bulk quantities no doubt. And it would of taken burnt fingers and escalating warranty costs for that descision to be changed in this cut throat industry.