Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Konica Bizhub C652 Front to Back Image Density

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the Front to Back image density on the C652? It is happening on the Magenta unit. Density is much lighter going towards the last 4 inches of the sheet. I replaces IU unit and cleaned the window but both IU units are giving the same result.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica Bizhub C652 Front to Back Image Density

Sounds like you have developer dropping on laser slit glass, and maybe a HVT issue causing the developer to spill. It's more common with the black IU's, developer drops down and obscures the slit glass...MFP "writes to black", so less laser intensity to the drum means lighter copies. Hope this helps. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Konica Bizhub C652 Front to Back Image Density

I had same thing before but with yellow - traced it down and found the yellow 1st transfer roller "rear" holder inside the transfer belt was broken.

Did you do a STOP test to check image on the transfer belt and possibly the drum in the IU? Easier to catch if you do an 11 X 17 magenta image print or skyshot. If only rear then can put paper on glass at front to not waste so much toner.
    Did you remove the IU and visually check inside for debris?
    Start with simple stuff before chasing voltages - could be debris on laser glass or transfer problem - STOP test will lead you to the source.