happyhour

Bizhub C451 print problems in thick mode

Hello,

I need help with printing in thick paper setting. This problem did not show up until today and seems to get worse the more I print. It does not show up in plain paper setting on plain paper. I have attached 2 pictures, one printed on thick 3 setting with 80 lb cover and the other on plain paper setting with plain paper. I ran the color test in service mode which was done on plain paper and did not see any problems. Even when printing a picture on plain paper setting, picture looks good. Printing the picture on any thick setting, I get the same problem in the same area of the page.
    Also, prints with same problem when making a copy. Please Help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician

Re: Bizhub C451 print problems in thick mode

Quote Originally Posted by happyhour View Post
    Hello,

I need help with printing in thick paper setting. This problem did not show up until today and seems to get worse the more I print. It does not show up in plain paper setting on plain paper. I have attached 2 pictures, one printed on thick 3 setting with 80 lb cover and the other on plain paper setting with plain paper. I ran the color test in service mode which was done on plain paper and did not see any problems. Even when printing a picture on plain paper setting, picture looks good. Printing the picture on any thick setting, I get the same problem in the same area of the page.
    Also, prints with same problem when making a copy. Please Help!
    Hello, did you find the solution on this, because I have same problem with a c452.
    Thanks in advance

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irokkas View Post
    Hello, did you find the solution on this, because I have same problem with a c452.
    Thanks in advance
    Ouch, what a waste of time.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Thanks in advance
    You might need a fuser unit. If you run a lot of thick stock the fuser units life is shortened considerably, especially with the older models.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    You might need a fuser unit. If you run a lot of thick stock the fuser units life is shortened considerably, especially with the older models.
    Tried another one. Nothing changed. It could be from transfer belt or transfer roller? I am not familiar with these machines. Mostly Ricoh. Thanks again

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Tried another one. Nothing changed. It could be from transfer belt or transfer roller? I am not familiar with these machines. Mostly Ricoh. Thanks again
    Wouldn't be the transfer belt or roller if only one color is affected. If only one color than I would look at that color image unit being low on developer.