Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Smidge

Scan to e-mail being refused because e-mail doesn't have a display or friendly name

I have a customer, that their e-mail server is so strict that it will not allow e-mails to come through without a display or friendly name. This customer had a Sharp, and we were able to put in a Friendly name for the device. Now they have a Bizhub C264 and we are now encountering the same problem as before.

Does anyone know of a place that a Display name or Friendly name can be inputted?

I have tried the device name and those settings under Maintenance->Machine setting on the webpage and it still only shows the e-mail address.

I do not see a place to put in a Display name or Friendly name for these devices.

If you have any suggestions, other than the e-mail administrator lowering the restrictions, please feel free to share. (They are strict about wanting that restriction set.)

Thank you

Smidge

Re: Scan to e-mail being refused because e-mail doesn't have a display or friendly na

Quote Originally Posted by HDSB View Post
    System settings > machine setting > device name?

Network > tcp/ip > dns hostname?
    Thanks for the reply. Changing those did not produce the desired result either.