Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bizhub c224

Technician

Re: bizhub c224

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Ask the customer if they are seeing a "xxx is disabled, press continue to bypass" or something to that effect. At least you can determine if the MFP is self isolating a problem. Once they hit the sub power button, the disabled part is bypassed, but if they cycle power the process starts again. Emujo
    it seems it is self isolating the problem because once that message appears (copy and scan functions are not available) they can still send prints. Doing trouble resets seems to solve the problem only to have it come back after a few days.

Not sure how to tackle this problem.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Probably wouldnt hurt to reseat all connectors on mfp board and scan board, and memory. And reflash the firmware. To me that would be the minimum to start with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    reflashed the machine back on Friday and customer contacted me saying it came back again.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Is the MFP on VCARE? If so you should be able to see any reported trouble codes on the vcare server. Might help in trouble shooting, but it sounds like an ADF issue. Have you installed GC8-20 firmware? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Is the MFP on VCARE? If so you should be able to see any reported trouble codes on the vcare server. Might help in trouble shooting, but it sounds like an ADF issue. Have you installed GC8-20 firmware? Emujo
    Yes it is but "could not retrieve data" I've only installed the same firmware it was shipped with which wad the mass produced one.

The customer notified me again this morning saying the copy and scan functions were disabled again.