Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    adissocool

Question Help with Bizhub Pro C6500 not seing SD-501 and FS-503

Hello,

I'm kinda new to this, I'm trying to connect a Konica Minolta Bizhub C6500 to SD-501 and a FS-503 but without success, I have tried to do this both with and without the RU-503 but all the C6500 can see is the RU-503 nothing else and no error codes.

Can anyone point me to the right direction? is there anything I'm missing in order to connect these parts? Also do I need to do any modification on the C6500's menu?

Please help!

p.s the parts I bought are used and I don't have installation guides, so please give as much details as possible, thanks

Re: Help with Bizhub Pro C6500 not seing SD-501 and FS-503

Being a fairly unexperienced tech regarding production machines, We have had to run up a couple of them in the office here. And The senior tech here was having a similar issue. Him and I worked through the 4 or 5 different manuals before we figured out each unit (I think) needed their own power supply, rather than piggybacking off the main body power.

On the back of the FS and SD, you might find a small plate with a screw, or even a power receptacle (similar to the ones on the backs of Power Supplies for PC's.

I think the RU shared power with the main body, but the rest had their own supply I think.

adissocool

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    On the back of the FS and SD, you might find a small plate with a screw, or even a power receptacle (similar to the ones on the backs of Power Supplies for PC's.

Thanks for your help, but I don't think power is the problem for my case, because only the SD-501 has a power outlet which I already hooked it up with a separate power supply rather than piggybacking off the main body. For the RU-503 and FS-503 none of them has a power outlets/plugs.

Can Anyone suggest another possible solution? I'd be thankful!

Hi,
    Could be an issue with dipswitches, SD-501 ans FS-503 need to be set up differently depending on whether they are connected to a C6500 (colour) or 1050 (B&W).
    On the main board in the options there is a bank of four dipswitches. Dipswitch 2 (second from the left) needs to be up (on) for C6500.
    If this is the case the C6500 should recognise the options in service mode. You will then have to rewrite the firmware for the options.
    Hope this helps

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Help with Bizhub Pro C6500 not seing SD-501 and FS-503

Lightbulb Re: Help with Bizhub Pro C6500 not seing SD-501 and FS-503

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

adissocool

Quote Originally Posted by Mick01 View Post
    Hi,
    Could be an issue with dipswitches, SD-501 ans FS-503 need to be set up differently depending on whether they are connected to a C6500 (colour) or 1050 (B&W).
    On the main board in the options there is a bank of four dipswitches. Dipswitch 2 (second from the left) needs to be up (on) for C6500.
    If this is the case the C6500 should recognise the options in service mode. You will then have to rewrite the firmware for the options.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks for your suggestion, it solved part of the problem, I had to ignore the FS-503 since I only have the RU-503 not the RU-504 which is required in order to connect this finisher to the main body.

Hi,
    Happy to help.
    You are correct you do need the correct RU unit for the FS-503 to function. It has a power supply that supplies power to the FS-503. In the Australian maket we only imported the RU with the power supply for this very issue.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Don't know if this will be of any help, but a firmware update or reflash is something worth trying - If the parts firmware don't match the main body firmware it can do odd things at times.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

bonkerz

Can you please tell me where these dipswitches are located on this machine ????

Quote Originally Posted by Mick01 View Post
    Hi,
    Hope this helps

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

04 keys on the main board of the FS. With this configuration has a jump to be plugged

RU504 input 110V ~ 220V independent.

RU503 not work

FS503
    1050dipsw2 off
    6500dipsw2 on