Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

KM Remote Panel Software

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have a link to download this software? We're wanting to set up the server on our DMZ, etc.

Cheers!
    Last edited by jsergeant; 10-22-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: KM Remote Panel Software

It's already embedded in the MFP, no software needed, just proper configuration. Emujo

PS only 4 and 4e series though.
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    It's already embedded in the MFP, no software needed, just proper configuration. Emujo

PS only 4 and 4e series though.
    Ahh ok. I have a PDF guide entitled "bizhub Remote Panel Ver 1.0 User's Manual[Server]" which says at 2.4 "Install the remote panel server software on a server. Execute setup.exe".

I thought it would be on a cd or on the km onyxftp. I can download this server installation from the MFP? Are we talking about the same thing?

rpinstall.JPG

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Its somewhere on the km site in a Utilities section. I've downloaded it before but its been a while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Its somewhere on the km site in a Utilities section. I've downloaded it before but its been a while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I think i got it. Hopefully. http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/D...productid=1608

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Apologize for the mis-info, seems you are correct about needing software set up on the server side. I have only used the "Client" app, and this part is only configuring the MFP. Haven't run into anyone that want to use the remote panel from a server. There was a thread on this subject some time ago, the poster couldn't get the remote server working. I wonder if he was aware of the KM utility that had to be installed. Hopefully he/she will see this thread. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Apologize for the mis-info, seems you are correct about needing software set up on the server side. I have only used the "Client" app, and this part is only configuring the MFP. Haven't run into anyone that want to use the remote panel from a server. There was a thread on this subject some time ago, the poster couldn't get the remote server working. I wonder if he was aware of the KM utility that had to be installed. Hopefully he/she will see this thread. Emujo
    No worries! I have the server up now. We are going to test it with a few e series machines before rolling out. I'm guessing they would have fixed a few things between v1 and v2.

Does anyone know if Remote Panel can work on C280 and C360? From what I've read it's 4 series and e series, but according to our director, KM say it will work in c280. I just don't have one at hand to test on.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    KM Remote Panel Software

They were aware about that as I helped them out.

Think of KM Remote Panel Server as being TeamViewer for KM MFD's. You control it exactly like the web based remote panel except you can do it from your desk at work. Only thing that is required is for the user to start the Remote Panel session and give you a PIN to gain access, just like TeamViewer.

It's a great bit of kit and have been using it for quite some time now. It definitely saves those *walk out of customer site and drive down the road* only to remember that you didn't change something back in service mode. You can simply pull your laptop out and ring the customer and get them to initiate the remote panel session, jump inot service mode and fix what you need to.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.