Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: bizhub c-220 scan to Email

Another thing I would try is a different browser, Firefox, or Chrome. The update to IE 10 was automatic and KM was blindsided by it. The PS web Connection does not work well with IE10. Compatibility mode usually fixes the issue, but I guess not always. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sorry guy's it's a c-200! Sorry! I did check admin mode for scan to Email settings there was no enable/disable setting! I even printed a log to be through and did not see anything! Thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    I checked for a hard drive and did not see one installed, I set up ftp in the mean time and I guess that answers your question about the scan/fax button. I dont think you need a hard drive to scan to Email, do you?
    You can't scan to email without a Hard Drive. Where would the copier store the PDF before it sent?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I know that the C450 can scan to email without a hdd but it will create a separate email for each page.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The machine is a bh200 not a 220, Sorry for the typeo! yeah, the machine doesn't have a hdd and its not even an option for this machine, just memory upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Another thing I would try is a different browser, Firefox, or Chrome. The update to IE 10 was automatic and KM was blindsided by it. The PS web Connection does not work well with IE10. Compatibility mode usually fixes the issue, but I guess not always. Emujo
    Yes, I tried explorier, mozilla and chrome with the same issue. I going to send someone else and as soon as I get anything additional I will post! Setting up scanning to email has never been one of my strong points, when I deal with the same software it's just routine but when format changes it throws a wrench into the whole works.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Check the setting of SW 361:
    sw361.jpg

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

If it's a bizhub 200 then you need to update firmware (not that they have anything really current). Web browser functionality was addressed in one of the last updates. Regardless of the web interface, you should be able to accomplish the setup via the control panel. BTW the soft switch the previous poster mentioned is for turning on authentication. Out of the box it only supports an open relay server over port 25. The 200 doesn't support SSL. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

I think it's switch 380 for turning on authentication but I agree that it might be a firmware issue, I have never seen a C200 that did not support scan to e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    I think it's switch 380 for turning on authentication but I agree that it might be a firmware issue, I have never seen a C200 that did not support scan to e-mail.
    Sorry everyone it's a bh C-200,I set the dip switch 380 I forgot which bits, for authentication and I tried gmail and inbox.com as email servers and I can ping both. DNS was set to off and I thought that was it but still not working. Host: smtp.gmail.com email:xxxx@gmail.com and Auth.name:xxxx@gmail.com and Auth password:email password in that order. that's how I have it set up. Oh port for gmail is 465. For inbox.com I'm using port 587. Thanks