Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C360 Strange bars

Here's one I haven't seen before that we could use some help on. Though you can't tell from the attached scan, the vertical bars are actually made up of groups of wavy lines, and there is another, lighter group immediately to the right (not visible in the scan). Each dark group is 23 mm wide, and so is the lighter group. Then there is a clean 10 mm gap, and then a straight line. The bars measure 325 mm from start to start. The lines do not traverse the void area, and they are blanked when blocking the printhead window (black).
    The bars move, but appear on any size print, and are not affected by enlarge/reduce. At first glance they are black or gray, but sometimes also contain cyan.
    We've re-flashed firmware, logical format HDD, replaced the transfer belt, transfer roller assy, fuser (needed it), and print heads. Drums are young and look fine, but that's our next step. Then HV board, and then find an MFP board if necessary.
    We're betting on the HV board now, but would like some input from any that offer some.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C360 Strange bars

Re: C360 Strange bars

The primary transfer belt was a great first try.

I think the HVT and/or contacts are next. Then the PRCB. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

field service supervisor 100+ Posts mikeena's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motormount View Post
    Here's one I haven't seen before that we could use some help on. Though you can't tell from the attached scan, the vertical bars are actually made up of groups of wavy lines, and there is another, lighter group immediately to the right (not visible in the scan). Each dark group is 23 mm wide, and so is the lighter group. Then there is a clean 10 mm gap, and then a straight line. The bars measure 325 mm from start to start. The lines do not traverse the void area, and they are blanked when blocking the printhead window (black).
    The bars move, but appear on any size print, and are not affected by enlarge/reduce. At first glance they are black or gray, but sometimes also contain cyan.
    We've re-flashed firmware, logical format HDD, replaced the transfer belt, transfer roller assy, fuser (needed it), and print heads. Drums are young and look fine, but that's our next step. Then HV board, and then find an MFP board if necessary.
    We're betting on the HV board now, but would like some input from any that offer some.
    Thanks.
    ok im taking it thats this is not a new setup but i would try to act like its a new one and try
    the following

1. Touch Panel adjustment.
    2. Gradation adjustment.
    3. Date/Time Setting (Service Mode then Administrator Mode).
    4. Install date.
    5. Serial number input.
    6. Unit change setting.
    7. List output

it may sound stupid but i have seen it before not saying its your issue but you never know or it can be the high voltage but im guessing if the first thing dont fix it, it may be the control board just my guess. what was the last thing done before the problem occured

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well, not the HVT, or drums, or any of that. We're waiting on the PRCB, probably Monday. (Had a bad one in stock)
    Haven't tried the "new setup", but this does not have those symptoms.
    Anybody know if standard laptop memory will work in these things? Bulletins on the DIMM refer to "Standard PC2-4300" at 533 MHz. I actually tried 800 MHz, but apparently the machine can't handle it. How about 2 x 1GB?
    Observation: After working through lunch and towards the end of the day, I began to wonder what the customer's problem was - I mean, MOST of the page is good.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

I believe I have seen this and it was a bad print head. But that was on an LED machine. Can you swap the laser assem with another one from the shop? Or the board the laser connects too?

Just re-read your post, you did print heads. (sorry) board that connects to the laser assembly and you might be on the right track with the memory.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician

MFP board try to another OK machine

My money is on the MFP board.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C360 Strange bars

For me it was MFP board on C253, machine had a powercut (buliding site) had colour ribbons all over the place.

Hope it help and its not gonna be costly _
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE