Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Post Inserter PI-505

Trying to use the post inserter for finishing preprinted 11x17 fold/staple

Installed on a bizhub 652. Total counter is only 100k. I don't think they have ever tried to use the post inserter until now.

Added sheets of 11x17 to the bottom feed tray. select the finishing option. the start/stop button is lit up orange and doesn't do any thing.

I will say that I have no experience with the post inserter. I have read through the Theory of Operation in the service manual but still don't have a clue.

There is a sensor on the tray below the pickup roller. Not sure if it is a set sensor but it does work in sensor check. After looking at the manual it appears that the tray should lift but this doesn't happen. Doesn't seem the manual explains what exactly tells the lift motor to start.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Post Inserter PI-505

May be a silly question, but does the finisher have an SD in it, and if so can the users make booklets and tri-fold? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    May be a silly question, but does the finisher have an SD in it, and if so can the users make booklets and tri-fold? Emujo
    It does but not sure if works. When I get back over there I'll find out and do some more checks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Re: Post Inserter PI-505

Try performing the Finisher > FS-FN adjustment > Post Inserter Adjustment i service mode.

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    Try performing the Finisher > FS-FN adjustment > Post Inserter Adjustment i service mode.

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk