Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub 601 with ic 208 controller  has to be rebooted all the time

bizhub 601 with ic 208 controller has to be rebooted all the time

like the title states. printing is fine from all computers. then all the sudden a job will not print. it does not seem to show a list of jobs hanging. but then an off and on of the machine. then it starts printing out. I thought it was a switch or something in the network. but I dont know.
    I have the service manual pr inted off in the print controller section. it doesnt really give me a lot of info. is there a reboot feature. I know on the di 5510 you could go into the print controller and reboot. could I get a hand? thanks

brent

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: bizhub 601 with ic 208 controller has to be rebooted all the time

My advice would be to put a packet sniffer like wire shark to help determine where the issue is. I've had a few things cause this issue though...
    Duplicate IP, DHCP sever not liking the static IP address, bad (intermittent) switch, and in one case a workstation was trying to print via an OPEN API port. This was locking the machine up but only the wire shark could help us resolve this. Ed
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

Try having customer reboot all computers in the office. I've had this happen several times.

I've had a computer send a bad print job over and over causing the copier to constantly reboot.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have little to offer, but I have had/continue to have bizarre controller issues with two 601s, albeit not your issue (and also with it's predecessor--several 7255s).
    I tend to view these machines as having something weak in the programming, but perhaps its my lack of luck.

If things do not get better, you may consider re-initializing the network and set a different static ip and perhaps firmware/cf card recovery (not sure if the cf card is relevant tho).

Do you have any authentication set?