Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: firmware C224e

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    firmware C224e

Re: firmware C224e

Considering the it may be hardware, I have had some luck in removing the MFP board dousing it (particularly the connections/ports) with contact cleaner and reassembling. Also check for bad caps (pretty rare, but still) or worse burns, etc.

Also, I am not terribly familiar with this machine, but some MFP boards require the RAM to be installed in one particular slot (bottom one--if memory serves)

...What happens when you disconnect the HDD?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    firmware C224e

I sounds like maybe the MFP board is bad. your abort code points to the mfp board and your firmware update works, just not on the mfp board. I would call Konica Minolta and get a warranty replacement.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    firmware C224e

edit post button seems to not work for me... I forgot to mention you can try, in service mode to unset the hdd. If it boots normally then the hdd may be bad.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blaze2000 View Post
    edit post button seems to not work for me... I forgot to mention you can try, in service mode to unset the hdd. If it boots normally then the hdd may be bad.
    yeah, i've tried doing that but I can even get into service mode. It's basically stuck at the FW screen (invalid external memory) when I try to boot without a usb in the service port. Trouble reset as well takes me straight to the invalid external memory screen.

firmware C224e

Quote Originally Posted by fancheta View Post
    yeah, i've tried doing that but I can even get into service mode. It's basically stuck at the FW screen (invalid external memory) when I try to boot without a usb in the service port. Trouble reset as well takes me straight to the invalid external memory screen.
    Instead of unsetting the HDD disconnect it. This should force another code which may allow you to temporarily circumvent that error and get into service mode and start fooling around.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Instead of unsetting the HDD disconnect it. This should force another code which may allow you to temporarily circumvent that error and get into service mode and start fooling around.
    is there a way to get out of that FW screen stating "Error, This is Invalid External Memory, Please make sure the external memory."

It seems to go to this even when the HDD is unplugged.

Replace the MFP board. Make sure you follow bulletin #8461 after replacement.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    when disconnecting the hdd, same problem occurs. I replaced the HDD and the MFP today and when trying to update the firmware, the machine would hang at the bootup screen.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    firmware C224e

So when you installed the new mfp board you werent able to boot up? Or did you try flashing the firware rightaway?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blaze2000 View Post
    So when you installed the new mfp board you werent able to boot up? Or did you try flashing the firware rightaway?
    Trying to update the fw right away