Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: bizhub 751 spewing toner.

Nice MacGyver modification there.

Doesnt the paperclip end up being worn through pretty quickly ?

Yes thats why i use spring metal instead. The shaft does take a beating but it keeps working.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub 751 spewing toner.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Nice MacGyver modification there.

Doesnt the paperclip end up being worn through pretty quickly ?
    Little dielectric grease alleviates some friction and certainly will last a PM cycle. : )

Update to my under-toned 601, I noticed after cleaning out the developer unit that the blue loctite was flaking off of the Developer Regulation Blade. Had a friend mail me a very used, but functional developer unit and after performing the PM & drum replacement, Fatso is running like new!

Only took 2 or 3 PMs to figure that one out...

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Yes thats why i use spring metal instead. The shaft does take a beating but it keeps working.
    Spring Metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Update to my under-toned 601, I noticed after cleaning out the developer unit that the blue loctite was flaking off of the Developer Regulation Blade. Had a friend mail me a very used, but functional developer unit and after performing the PM & drum replacement, Fatso is running like new!

Only took 2 or 3 PMs to figure that one out...

Jip, I get a lot of these machines second hand. Good machines, but they can be really random at times.
    Like you said it takes about a half a million clicks to get all the kinks out of some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Jip, I get a lot of these machines second hand. Good machines, but they can be really random at times.
    Like you said it takes about a half a million clicks to get all the kinks out of some of them.
    Yea...when they run they run. Even with the kinks, this particular machine ran over 120k in a weekend without a single jam. Before I figured out the undertonning issue, I was tempted to suggest an upgrade to a 652 or even a c652. However, given the used machines I was looking at had over 400k, the tranf belt, fuser, and drum would have to be replaced soon relatively soon--which would cost more than the machine itself--the 652 engine is superior in my opinion, but simply more expensive to maintain.

As a side note, I recently started disconnecting the toner recycle clutch so the recycling contraption runs at all times (there is a dip switch too--if you want to deal with that). I find that the tube gets crammed with 'rocks' of toner...hopefully this method will eliminate that issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

i think i found a fix too...
    in drum pec adjustment ... set the LD1 and 2 offset to be plenty dark in between the 2 lines when printing out the test chart on letter R or legal....
    i think that then causes the patch formed on the drum (it does that right?) to be a pinch dark so the machine decides to not add so much toner to the mix!

I will give that a try.
    Whatever

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Hello, I signed up just to reply to this thread.
    I have serviced these hundreds of times and the toner spew can be avoided or at least reduced to a minimum
    I only want to suggest pretty much what is in the book.
    sometimes its best to start from scratch. if you replace the drum and developer blow off all toner from AIDC sensor board with an aircan, a vacuum can cause it to short out. reset the counters, set the proper drum grid manual charge voltage with a good meter, adjust to what the voltage is stamped on the back flange of the drum (usually in the low 700V range) then run through the auto max density adjustment, laser diameter, do the LD1 and LD2 adjust so there is just a faint box just over the first line. then cart install mode print the 10 sheets.
    the bit switches mentioned earlier do help but i would set them after doing these adjustments.
    the bad part about the toner dumping is when it collects on the web and grinds a stripe in the UFR!
    i actually miss working on these big dinosaurs, now everything these days you dont need the finesse you did long ago.
    I hope i've helped.