Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Laserbeam's Avatar

bizhub C224e and Print Driver Mac OS X10.9 Mavericks does not work properly

Hi,

a technician colleague has a problem with the printer Driver OS Mac X10.9 Mavericks and bizhub C224e.

1. SMB scanning is not possible
    2. although one-sided printing is selected, the Output is double-sided.

It seems to be an error in the printer driver.

Konica Minolta Germany says, that a new driver for this operating system is expected to be available in January 2014.

Has anyone a suitable driver that doesn't contain this error, or know a site, where a download is available?
    It should be in English or German language.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: bizhub C224e and Print Driver Mac OS X10.9 Mavericks does not work properly

hi Laserbeam

the problem with smb scans on mac is that apple has changed the smb standards to smb(x) a apple version. you can't use the smb protocol. You have to go backwards and to use ftp. But the problem is they delete the graphic frontend gui... so you have to activate the ftp with terminal. >>search how to activate ftp on google, but be careful, the different mac's versions have different codes to activate, otherwise you get a error in terminal.

Tomorrow i have a mac installation with a ineo+454e(bizhub c454e) and the problems comes out.
    10.7/10.8/10.9

Account Track is not possible with 10.9!

I tested the duplex/simplex function, it works properly! on the last tab "Druckeroptionen" Printerproperties you have serveral adjustments, not nice to handle but it works.
    Last edited by occus; 11-19-2013 at 08:48 PM.

kathrynjacobson

occus,
    I was wondering if you have seen any changes with account tracking working on the konicas. I've heard it works with the c284e, but I have not been able to get it to work on a 654.
    thanks

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

You can do smb scanning to a mac. It just takes patience. I do not have a mac or I would tell you step by step how to. As to account track not working, I have heard the new driver will support it but I heard release date was pushed back.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

@mr spock, very interesting, please let me know how to scan with smb(x)

@kathrynjacobson

I have not tested the new driver but i found something... it's special! you can't activate the ac tracking in every application (sandbox, isolated software without plugin function of mac driver)
    ...have a look in the readme.txt of driver
    (software from other developer than apple should never be a problen, but mac's editor, notes, pages etc..)

My customer tells me it works, but he tells me it works with the 10.8 driver too?!!

I have not tested the new version 4.xxx with firnware functio level 5

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

For SMB scanning the settings below works for me in OS X 10.9.
    smb1.JPG
    smb2.JPG

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

If you have SMB sharing turned on (on the MAC side) and the MFP's smb settings are configured correctly, you should be able to work backward from the MFP to see those shared folders just like you can do with a windows based network. You may have problems accessing the folder due to incorrect permissions on the MAC, but this can assist in troubleshooting. EMUJO
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Tested!
    SMB scan works for Mac 10.7 /10.8 /10.9
    Enable SMB authentification from NTLM v1 to NTLM v1/v2... other Adjustmends are not needed, and use a password with minimum 2 digit! otherwise you get an error.

I'm wondering why i get tech.infos from different brands like Canon, Konica Minolta Xerox that the function is no more supported from version OS X 10.7 (after Mac has changed something).

Thats great! no more ftp... thanks for the input!!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by occus View Post
    Tested!
    SMB scan works for Mac 10.7 /10.8 /10.9
    Enable SMB authentification from NTLM v1 to NTLM v1/v2... other Adjustmends are not needed, and use a password with minimum 2 digit! otherwise you get an error.

I'm wondering why i get tech.infos from different brands like Canon, Konica Minolta Xerox that the function is no more supported from version OS X 10.7 (after Mac has changed something).

Thats great! no more ftp... thanks for the input!!
    Apple changed to SMB v3 in OSX 10.7 and onwards. Initially, machines did not support this as copier manufacturers were caught unaware of this system change in OSX. It then takes time to write firmware and test devices with the Operating Systems to confirm everything works, prior to releasing the firmware, assuming that the machine is capable of having and addition such as this added to it's firmware.

A lot of people still have their head in the sand about OSX 10.7+ and SMB scanning and simply say it can't be done. These are also the same people that think the Earth is square... lol
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Apple changed to SMB v3 in OSX 10.7 and onwards. Initially, machines did not support this as copier manufacturers were caught unaware of this system change in OSX. It then takes time to write firmware and test devices with the Operating Systems to confirm everything works, prior to releasing the firmware, assuming that the machine is capable of having and addition such as this added to it's firmware.

A lot of people still have their head in the sand about OSX 10.7+ and SMB scanning and simply say it can't be done. These are also the same people that think the Earth is square... lol
    The Earth is not square--it is flat--that's practically common knowledge!