Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: C451 P-14 - Skewed Magenta/Cyan/Yellow or Black

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Is this on all prints?
    if its worse on 11x17 then you might want to try this:
    Try replacing the guide plate replacing the Paper Dust Removal Guide & Guide Plate with the C652/C552/C452 type.
    Paper Dust Removal Guide assembly: p/n A00J R723 00 (current)replace with p/nA0P0 R731 00.
    Guide Plate: p/n A00J 7022 01 (current)replace with p/n A0P0 7022 00.

Also 10.4.7 Printer Resist Loop in the service manual.
    It was on everything. And it wasn't the whole image that was skewed, it was just the black (I think.) If it wasn't the black, it was CMY.

Also, it was firmwared with the most recent update, which eliminated the C225B/C code (K PC Drum motor failure). I think I posted this earlier, but the Relay board had visibly failed. One of the silicon chips on the board had melted out around a pin.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C451 P-14 - Skewed Magenta/Cyan/Yellow or Black

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    It was on everything. And it wasn't the whole image that was skewed, it was just the black (I think.) If it wasn't the black, it was CMY.

Also, it was firmwared with the most recent update, which eliminated the C225B/C code (K PC Drum motor failure). I think I posted this earlier, but the Relay board had visibly failed. One of the silicon chips on the board had melted out around a pin.
    Oh. Looks like I only read to Habik's post and thought that was all that was posted (or the page didn't completely load)...oops
    Just out of curiosity, what FW version did you install--I wasn't able to find the bulletin referred to

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    Negative.

It seems to be fixed for now. It's more or less aligned now. On inspection, the old Relay Board had a damaged chip on it. The housing was cracked, a little melted plastic, and instead of just sizzling softly, it look like the area around one of the pins had exploded and shot black plastic onto a nearby connector.

I've also have had blown chip on the relay board....... it was effecting the cyan unit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by havokprod View Post
    I've also have had blown chip on the relay board....... it was effecting the cyan unit for me.
    The chip that blew for me was the one near the top right corner.

p-14 is it related with drum motor at the back of mechine?? mine is C550 magenta skewed.. i tried all suggestion but still the same problem exist.. any others solution?

There is a firmware upgrade for this problem, as previously mentioned. I installed the firmware and reset the skew adjust and it is as good as new. I had this problem about a week ago on the same model machine. There is a firmware listed that is specifically used for this problem and if you open the pdf for Version GC1-22 upgrade, it should be listed as P-14 skew fix. It is listed in the One Stop support section. If you have any more questions about it, let me know.

dshiels

Had a similar problem a few years back on a C451, it turned out to be a blown ICP on the PH Relay Board, the one that fuses current to the cyan tilt adjustment motor....which explained why cyan always was skewed. The P14 warning code had been consistently on the display. After replace of board and skew adj reset, the customer was happy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dshiels View Post
    Had a similar problem a few years back on a C451, it turned out to be a blown ICP on the PH Relay Board, the one that fuses current to the cyan tilt adjustment motor....which explained why cyan always was skewed. The P14 warning code had been consistently on the display. After replace of board and skew adj reset, the customer was happy.
    Yep, I had a similar issue with a blown ICP on the PH Relay board.
    I swapped it and it blew instantly upon power up.
    Never could find any fault.
    It is now a parts machine that I am hesitant to use some boards from/Print Head...